FISCAL YEAR 2017 (FY17) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (NCO) MERITORIOUS PROMOTIONS
Date Signed: 5/18/2017
MARADMINS Active Number: 241/17
R 181243Z MAY 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2017 (FY17) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (NCO) MERITORIOUS PROMOTIONS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC (MMPR-2)/YMD: 20120614//
AMPN/REFERENCE (A) IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 1-2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS//
POC/D. J. SAUCIER/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. T. ORSI/SGTMAJ/CMC (RA)/TEL: 703-784-9100/EMAIL: DAVID.ORSI@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide guidance for FY17 meritorious promotion allocations of exceptional AR Marines to the ranks of corporal and sergeant in recognition of outstanding leadership and performance. These meritorious promotion allocations are for AR Marines performing duty at units not under Commander, Marine Forces Reserve (DIV/MLG/WING/FHG).
a. Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps
b. Training and Education Command (TECOM)
c. Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Pacific (EWTGPAC)
d. Marine Forces Command/Pacific/Europe/Africa/South
e. Marine Corps Recruiting Command (MCRC) (Non SDA)
2. Background. Reference (a) provides information for Meritorious NCO promotions. Meritorious promotions of AR Marines in this category are authorized annually, vice quarterly. The annual meritorious promotions take effect on 2 August for promotion to sergeant and 2 September for promotion to corporal.
a. Promotion allocations: Sergeant (1), Corporal (1)
b. Nominations must be submitted directly to CMC (RA) no later than 30 June 2017.
4. The following instructions apply for nominations:
a. Nominations will be submitted using standard naval letter format. Include the Commander(apostrophe)s narrative recommendation citing the Marine(apostrophe)s leadership qualities, civic activities, and anyother pertinent military or civilian information. The completed package may be scanned and emailed to the Reserve Affairs Sergeant Major, or mailed to:
SgtMaj, Reserve Affairs Division
Manpower and Reserve Affairs, HQMC
3280 Russell Rd
Quantico, VA 22134
b. The meritorious promotion package will consist of a nomination letter that includes the following information:
(1) Training/service information updated in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) (BIR/BTR).
(2) Current official photograph with height/weight certification.
(3) Certified true copies of pages 3, and 11 as well as a Unit Punishment Book (NAVMC 10132) and page 13, if applicable.
(4) Data Sheet
(5) Commadant of the Marine Corps Reading List Book Report. The book report format must contain an introduction, body, analysis and evaluation, and conclusion. A sample format is provided at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/RAP2/ReserveNCOPromotions?_adf.ctrl-state=jzw3993yx_74&_afrLoop=867681963672074#!
c. The following minimum eligibility criteria apply and are not waiverable:
(1) Must meet the minimum time in service requirement per reference (a).
(2) must not have a non-judicial punishment or courts-martial during the current contract.
(3) Must be professional military education (PME) complete in grade.
(4) Have a current first class physical fitness test (PFT) and combat fitness test (CFT).
(5) Qualified with T/O weapon (unless not required).
(6) Must not have a positive urinalysis, drug or alcohol related incident.
5. The board results will be published via MARADMIN, immediately following the board.
6. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//