EXTENSION OF FAMILY MEMBER TRAVEL SCREENING PILOT
Date Signed: 5/18/2017
MARADMINS Active Number: 242/17
R 181617Z MAY 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/EXTENSION OF FAMILY MEMBER TRAVEL SCREENING PILOT//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/ASD M and RA WASHINGTON DC/YMD:20160825//
AMPN REF/A IS OFFICE OF THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE (ASD) MANPOWER AND RESERVE AFFAIRS (MANDRA) MEMORANDUM ON FAMILY MEMBER TRAVEL SCREENING PILOT PROJECT.//
POC/J. STEWART/CIV/UNIT: MFY-1/-/TEL: 703-784-0298//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose: To provide notification of the extension of Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) directed pilot to test standardized Family Member Travel Screening (FMTS) forms, per the reference.
2. Background. MARADMIN 032/17 provided initial notification of the Family Member Travel Screening Pilot. OSD, Office of Special Needs recently announced an extension of the pilot. This MARADMIN provides notification to Marines, commands, Installation Personnel Administration Centers (IPAC) and Administrative Units.
3. Situation. FMTS pilot forms will be distributed through 28 July 2017 at designated losing pilot sites, located within military Medical Treatment Facilities. Commands, IPACs, and Administrative Units will continue to accept the DD Form 3040 TEST (Screening Verification), Part F, in lieu of NAVPERS 1300/16, Part II in order to avoid duplication of work. Marines and commands will continue to complete NAVPERS 1300/16, Parts I, III, and IV. Marines, participating in the FMTS pilot, shall submit both the DD Form Test 3040 TEST and NAVPERS 1300/16, when requesting area clearance.
4. Refer to MARADMIN 032/17 for additional details about the FMTS pilot.
5. This MARADMIN will expire 1 May 2018.
6. Release authorized by BGen K. W. Stein, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//