ANNOUNCEMENT OF NOVEMBER 2017 JUDICIAL SCREENING BOARD
Date Signed: 10/12/2017
MARADMINS Number: 569/17
R 121344Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2017/CMC WASHINGTON DC JA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF NOVEMBER 2017 JUDICIAL SCREENING BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/JAGINST 5817.1I//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to publish the convening date and application requirements for the November 2017 Judicial Screening Board (board).
2. The board will convene on 29 November 2017 and will be conducted in accordance with the reference. Application requirements and format are contained in the reference. The reference should be read in its entirety prior to submitting an application.
3. The reference, the Judicial Screening Board 2017 Announcement, and a fillable Adobe version of the Judicial Screening Board Appraisal Form are available on the Judge Advocate Division, Plans and Innovation Branch web page: http:(slash)(slash)www.hqmc.marines.mil/sja/Branches/Plans-Innovation-Branch-JPI/Law-School-Education-Debt-Subsidy/.
4. Officers must be screened by the board before they can be assigned to military judge billets. Officers interested in being slated for a military judge billet during the next detailing cycle should apply. Applicants should indicate in their personal statement if they are seeking screening for the trial bench, appellate bench, or both.
5. Eligibility. The board will consider active duty and reserve applications. Applicants for the trial judiciary should be in the paygrade O-4 or above, and applicants for the appellate bench should be in the paygrade of O-5 or above. Screening for judicial assignment expires four years after the announcement of the board results. Screened judge advocates who do not report to their first judicial assignment within four years of JAG approval of their screening must be rescreened. Additionally, prior military judges who do not return to the bench within four years of their last judicial assignment must be rescreened.
6. Applications must arrive to OJAG (Code 05) no later than 1200 on 21 November 2017. Applicants should submit the application electronically via the Army SAFE website at: https:(slash)(slash)safe.amrdec.army.mil/safe/welcome.aspx. Please grant access to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. No e-mail submissions will be accepted.
7. Upon submission of an application, applicants should notify Maj G. K. Logan via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (703) 693-9059. All applicants must also provide an electronic copy of their completed application to HQMC, Judge Advocate Division (POC is Maj Logan) no later than 1200 on 21 November 2017.
8. Questions may be directed to LCDR Steven Gonzales via e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (202) 685-5920.
9. Release authorized by MajGen J.R. Ewers Jr., Staff Judge Advocate to the Commandant of the Marine Corps.//