ENLISTED RESERVE PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM
Date Signed: 11/9/2017
MARADMINS Number: 625/17
R 091710Z NOV 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/ENLISTED RESERVE PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (PME) INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO P1553.4B, ARTICULATES THE MARINE CORPS PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION PROGRAM AND UPDATES POLICY AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR COORDINATING THE PME OF MARINES//
POC/A. D. BELL II/LTCOL/RAM-3/TEL: (703) 784-0537/EMAIL: ALVIN.BELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. T. ORSI JR/SGTMAJ/RA/TEL: (703) 784-9100/EMAIL: DAVID.ORSI@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the establishment of the Reserve PME Instructor program.
2. Background. Enlisted Professional Military Education (EPME) opportunities for the Selected Marine Corps Reserves are limited. To increase EPME opportunities, Reserve Affairs and Commander, Marine Forces Reserves (COMMARFORRES) have established a relationship with the Marine Corps University to conduct a pilot PME Instructor Program. The Reserve PME Instructor Program is intended to augment and support COMMARFORRES and Staff Academy with a cadre of trained certified instructors with the rank of Staff Sergeant to Master Sergeant. Marines accepted into the program will complete their appropriate level school and attend the Facility Advisor Course at the Marine Corps University to become certified instructors. Selected Marines will complete 1 year of Active Duty Operational Support orders as instructors, which includes resident PME, Faculty Advisor Course, and period as an instructor.
3. Board Process. The selection board, held by Marine Forces Reserve (MFR), will convene December 2017.
4. Submitted packages must be in standard naval letter format to include: NAVMC 10274 (AA Form), a current certified promotion photo with height/weight verified, professional resume, Master Brief Sheet, last three (3) Fitness Reports, Reserve Qualification Summary, and a cover letter addressed to the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve (Attn: SgtMaj). Each package must be endorsed via the immediate chain of command, to include the first Lieutenant Colonel in the chain of command. No Commanding General endorsement is required, but each of the respective major subordinate command Sergeants Major in the chain of command of the submitting Marine must be informed of the intent to submit. Correspondence must arrive at MFR Staff Secretary (SSEC) NLT 12 December 2017. Questions concerning this slating process should be communicated to the SSEC Office SNCOIC, COM (504)697-8311/7009.
5. Funding. Marines accepted into the Reserve PME Instructor program will be funded by Reserve Affairs Management-3, Reserve Affairs Division.
6. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Active Duty component.
7. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//