FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) OBLIGOR ALIGNMENT PLAN (OAP) INCENTIVE
Date Signed: 1/11/2018
MARADMINS Number: 030/18
R 112118Z JAN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) OBLIGOR ALIGNMENT PLAN (OAP) INCENTIVE//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC RA/YMD: 20170918//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCTFSPRIUM/YMD: 20120807//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 RETENTION PLAN. REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS USER MANUAL.//
POC/S. P. NORTON/MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/K. L. BROWN/MGYSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-0583/EMAIL: KEVIN.L.BROWN5@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. Q. BATTLE/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. L. POLANCO/GYSGT/RA (RAM)/TEL: (703)432-9771/EMAIL: RAM-1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (a), the OAP incentive is a retention tool that encourages continuation in the SMCR by guaranteeing a valid Billet Identification Code (BIC) for 12-months. An OAP Marine is classified as a non-prior service SMCR Marine on their initial contract with an original mandatory drill participation stop date (MDPSD) that falls within the current fiscal year.
2. This incentive is available to SMCR corporals and sergeants who agree to incur a 12-month continuous drilling obligation. Eligible Marines may request this incentive via their unit Career Planner (CP).
a. Must be serving their initial eight year Military Service Obligation (MSO) and who have a Mandatory Drill Participation Stop Date (MDPSD) in FY18.
b. Must be a Tier I through Tier III (computed).
c. Must agree to fill a valid billet commensurate with their current grade and military occupational specialty (MOS).
d. Marines who previously conducted a cross fiscal year extension due to receiving an incentive and have a MDPSD that fall within FY18 are not eligible for this program.
4. Screening Requirements. Every Marine must sign a statement of understanding (SOU) to be entered into the Marines Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The OAP SOU can be retrieved through the forms section of Total Force Retention System (TFRS) or by visiting the Manpower and Reserve Affairs website at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/RCTEB.
5. Coordinating Instructions
a. Forward all requests for this incentive via TFRS to RA (RAM-1). The CPs will utilize the extension request option in TFRS if no additional contractual service is required. Zero “0” will be entered into the number of months requesting block.
(1) All submitted requests must include a signed SOU per paragraph 4.
(2) All submitted requests must include a complete NAVMC 11537A and required supporting documentation per current Reserve reenlistment, extension, lateral move (RELM) processing guidelines if the Marine requires obligated service.
(3) If additional obligated service is not required, the Commanding Officer/Commander endorsement on page 4 of the NAVMC 11537a is sufficient.
(4) A specific Assignment Incentive Control Number (AICN), must be requested within the CP comments section in TFRS. Procedures for requesting an AICN will be provided via separate correspondence.
b. Once the TFRS request has been accepted, RA will run the appropriate unit diary entry in accordance with reference (b). SMCR Marines will have a mandatory drill start date effective the day after their current MDPSD. The new MDPSD will be 12-months from the new start date.
c. This incentive can be accepted in conjunction with the SMCR enlisted affiliation bonus, composite score points incentive, lateral move program and the obligation will run concurrently. The member will execute the greatest obligation requirement of the incentive programs. An SOU must be completed for each incentive in accordance with the policy, released via separate correspondence.
d. Marines in receipt of this incentive and incur a period of authorized non-availability will be required to extend their period of obligation to fulfill the 12-month drilling obligation as determined by the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve (COMMARFORRES).
6. Marines in receipt of this incentive may be released from the program for any of the following reasons:
(a) Failure to participate satisfactorily during the 12-month drilling obligation.
(b) Execution of an inter-unit transfer without prior approval from RA (RAP).
7. CPs will submit requests via TFRS only.
8. The Director, RA will monitor and evaluate incentive usage and member compliance.
9. This MARADMIN is applicable to the SMCR only.
10. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 September 2018.
11. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//