SOLICITATION FOR THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR PROGRAM FISCAL YEAR 2018
Date Signed: 8/16/2017
MARADMINS Number: 450/17
R 160925Z AUG 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR THE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR PROGRAM FISCAL YEAR 2018//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPE/17JUN2002//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 5354.3B EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISOR ORDER//
POC/D. P. HOOPER/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: (703)-784-9335/EMAIL: DONALD.P.HOOPER@USMC.MIL//
POC/I. O. GOUDYREV/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: (703) 432-9472/EMAIL: IVAN.GOUDYREV@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. R. FELICIANO/MSGT/MMEA-25/TEL: (703) 432-9476/EMAIL: RICARDO.FELICIANO@USMC.MIL//
POC/F. C. MCLAUGHLIN/MGYSGT/MPE/TEL: (703) 784-9632/EMAIL: FERMAN.MCLAUGHLIN@USMC.MIL//
RMKS/1. This MARADMIN solicits applications for the FY18 Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) program.
2. EOAs are assigned to major Marine Corps commands to provide information, assistance, and advice on all equal opportunity matters to the commander, commanding general, commanding officer, tenant commander, Marines and Sailors, and other attached service members.
3. Marines selected for assignment as EOAs will attend an eleven week EOA course at the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI) at Patrick Air Force Base, Florida during FY18:
Class Report Graduation
18-1 11 Feb 2018 27 Apr 2018
18-2 14 May 2018 27 Jul 2018
18-3 4 Sep 2018 16 Nov 2018
4. Individuals submitting for an EOA billet must meet the following basic criteria:
4.a. Marine must be a Staff Sergeant through Master Gunnery Sergeant (due to billet requirements, First Sergeants and Sergeants Major are not eligible).
4.b. Marine must be a high school graduate or have a General Education Diploma (GED).
4.c. Possess a GT score of 105 or higher (GT may be waived if a Marine has demonstrated an ability to excel academically during PME or off duty education).
4.d. Marine must have completed at least 24 months time on station upon class graduation and execution of PCS orders.
4.e. Marine must be able to extend or reenlist to meet minimum of 36 months obligated service from the date of graduation from EOA course. Request for separation from the service while serving within the obligated active service will not receive favorable consideration.
5. NLT 31 October 2017, the completed packages must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment/EOA Duty Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal RELM routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. In December 2017, MMEA will conduct a board to consider qualified applicants to fill projected vacancies. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
5.a. Commanding Officers Screening/Interview Guide - EOA, contained in enclosure (1) to reference (a).
5.b. Promotion style photograph taken within the past 12 months.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Robert. F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//