FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) RESERVE AFFILIATION COMPOSITE SCORE POINTS INCENTIVE
Date Signed: 8/30/2017
MARADMINS Number: 482/17
R 301412Z AUG 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) RESERVE AFFILIATION COMPOSITE SCORE POINTS INCENTIVE//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC RA/YMD: 20170731//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCTFSPRIUM/YMD: 20120807//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MARADMIN 399/17, MARINE CORPS READY RESERVE ENLISTED CAREER FORCE CONTROLS (ECFC). REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM (MCTFS) PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS USER MANUAL. REFERENCE (C) IS MCO P1400.32D CH2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS.//
POC/S. P. NORTON/MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. J. SAUCIER/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/T. A. DEMPSEY/CAPT/RA (RAM)/TEL: (703)784-0510/EMAIL: SMB-RIT@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. L. POLANCO/GYSGT/RA (RAM)/TEL: (703)432-9771/EMAIL: SMB-RIT@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Corporals and lance corporals who accept a 12 month drilling obligation with a Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) unit are eligible to receive up to 100 additional points toward their composite score. This incentive is both a retention and recruiting tool that encourages corporals and lance corporals to continue serving with the SMCR or to join the SMCR following completion of service in the Active Component (AC). Marines requesting this incentive who transition from the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) to an SMCR unit must meet the prior service screening requirements.
a. AC corporals and lance corporals who agree to join an SMCR unit through the Direct Affiliation Program can request this incentive through their unit Career Planner (CP). Marines must meet the following criteria:
(1) Eligible for assignment to a valid Billet Identification Code (BIC) per the current Reserve Affairs (RA) BIC assignment and management policy letter.
(2) Have a minimum average proficiency/conduct marks in grade of 4.2/4.2.
(3) Currently within height and weight standards (verified by the command) and not assigned to the body composition/military appearance program.
(4) Not reduced to current grade.
(5) Must be Professional Military Education complete for grade.
(6) Must have an Expiration of Active Service (EAS) date prior to 1 October 2018.
(7) Corporals must have at least 12 months of service remaining prior to reaching ECFC per reference (a).
(8) Lance Corporals must have at least 24 months of service remaining prior to reaching ECFC per reference (a).
b. SMCR corporals and lance corporals can request this incentive through their unit CP. Marines must meet the following criteria:
(1) Serving their initial 8 year Military Service Obligation who have a Mandatory Drill Participation Stop Date (MDPSD) in FY18, or
(2) Serving beyond their MDPSD, or
(3) Served at least 5 satisfactory years for corporals and 4 satisfactory years for lance corporals towards their initial MDPSD, and
(4) Meet the conditions listed per paragraphs 2a(1) through 2a(5) of this message.
c. IRR corporals and lance corporals can affiliate with an SMCR unit per paragraph 1 and request this incentive through a Prior Service Recruiter (PSR). Marines must meet the following criteria:
(1) Must have at least 12 months of service remaining prior to reaching ECFC per reference (a).
(2) Released from the AC, or the Selected Reserve under Honorable conditions.
(3) Meet the conditions listed per paragraphs 2a(1) through 2a(5) of this message.
3. Incentive points are not effective for composite score calculation prior to 1 October 2017 and will reflect in the Marines composite score no earlier than the second quarter of FY18. Additional points are retained until selection to the following grade. This incentive may be received only once per grade.
4. Screening Requirements
a. The eligible Marine must have sufficient contractual time remaining to complete a 12 month drilling obligation.
b. Every Marine must sign a statement of understanding (SOU) to be entered into the Marines Official Military Personnel File. An SOU can be retrieved through the forms section of Total Force Retention System (TFRS) or by visiting the MRA website at: https(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/rcteb
5. Coordinating Instructions
a. Marines participating in the Career Recruiting Program (CRP) can receive no more than a total of 100 points when combined with this incentive. For example, if a Marine earns 60 points from participation in the CRP, the member can only receive 40 additional points by accepting a 12 month drilling obligation.
b. Forward all requests for this incentive via TFRS to RA. The CPs and PSRs will utilize the extension request option in TFRS.
(1) Zero (0) will be entered into the number of months requesting block.
(2) Marine must have a current height and weight in the MCTFS at the time the SOU was signed.
(3) All submitted requests must include a signed SOU per paragraph 4b.
(4) All submitted requests must include a complete NAVMC 11537A and required supporting documentation per current Reserve Reenlistmen Lateral Move (RELM) request processing guidelines if the Marine requires obligated service.
(5) If additional obligated service is not required, the Company/Detachment Commanding Officer/Commander endorsement on page 6 of the NAVMC 11537a is sufficient.
c. Once the TFRS request has been accepted and the Marine has joined the unit (if applicable), RA will run the appropriate Unit Diary entry.
d. Eligible Marines that accept this incentive will incur a MDPSD obligation for 12 months from the accepted TFRS authority or end of their initial MDPSD, whichever is later. Mandatory drill start dates will be effective as follows:
(1) AC Marines will have a mandatory drill start date effective the day after their EAS. For example, if the Marines EAS is 1 August 2018, the Marines obligation will start 2 August 2018. The reported MDPSD will be 12 months from the start date.
(2) SMCR Marines will have a mandatory drill start date effective on the day after their current MDPSD. The new MDPSD will be 12 months from the new start date. If the MDPSD has expired, or there is no MDPSD, the mandatory drill start date will be effective the day the Marine accepts the TFRS authority and the MDPSD will be 12 months from the start date.
(3) IRR Marines will have a mandatory drill start date effective the day joined to the SMCR unit. The MDPSD will be 12 months from the start date.
e. Remedial promotion will only be considered if there is an administrative error relating to the effective date of action (accepted TFRS authority) where the effective date posts after the MCTFS cutoff date. In this case, type transaction code (TTC) 287 (recompute composite score) must be reported in accordance with reference (b). If the recomputed composite score meets or exceeds the cutting score announced, remedial promotion consideration should be requested per paragraph 2600 of reference (c).
f. This incentive can be accepted in conjunction with the SMCR enlisted affiliation bonus and/or lateral move program and may be requested concurrently. The member will execute the greatest obligation requirement of the incentive programs. An SOU must be completed for each incentive in accordance with the policy, released via separate correspondence.
g. Marines in receipt of this incentive and incur a period of authorized non-availability will be required to extend their period of obligation to fulfill the 12 month drilling obligation as determined by the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve (COMMARFORRES).
6. Marines in receipt of this incentive may be recouped if any of the following occur:
a. Failure to participate satisfactorily during the 12 month drilling obligation.
b. Transfer to the IRR prior to the completion of the 12 month drilling obligation without prior approval from COMMARFORRES.
7. CPs and PSRs are the only personnel authorized to submit requests for composite score points via TFRS.
8. RA will monitor and evaluate incentive usage and member compliance.
9. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force for service in the SMCR.
10. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 September 2018.
11. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//