FY18-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL/SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD
Date Signed: 9/18/2017
MARADMINS Number: 512/17
R 151939Z SEP 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM//
SUBJ/FY18-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL/SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1331.2K//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/WGO 5320R.2S//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1331.2K, TRANSITION/CONVERSION (T/C) TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS. REF B IS 4TH MAW RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) SELECTED RESERVE AVIATION TRANSITION/CONVERSION (T/C) RETRAINING PROGRAM. REF D IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) UNIT RESERVE OFFICER RETENTION BONUS (RORB) AND FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER (FAC)/AIR OFFICER RETENTION BONUS.//
POC/G.L. RODNEY/MAJ/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-1/-/504-697-7784/EMAIL: GEORGE.RODNEY@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.R. BLASINGAME/MAJ/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-3/-/504-697-7518/EMAIL: CASEY.BLASINGAME@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.D. MARTY/MAJ/UNIT: VMR BELLE CHASSE OPERATIONS OFFICER/COMM 504-678-7480/EMAIL: COLIN.MARTY@USMC.MIL//
POC/T.M. GOMEZ/MAJ/UNIT: VMR ANDREWS OPERATIONS OFFICER/COMM 240-857-0874 EMAIL: TROY.GOMEZ@USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/M.T. LEGENS/COL/UNIT: CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM/DSN 223-9865/703-693-9865/EMAIL: MICHAEL.LEGENS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. IAW reference (a), this MARADMIN announces the FY18-01 4th MAW OSA Selection Board. All eligible Naval Aviators who desire to fill Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) billets with Marine Transport Squadrons (VMR) Belle Chasse, LA and Andrews, MD will be considered by this board.
2. The 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board is scheduled to convene on or about 16 November 2017. Deadline for applications is 9 November 2017.
3. Eligible Officers:
a. Reserve (SMCR, Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA), or Individual Ready Reserve (IRR)) Naval Aviators: Captains, majors and Lieutenant Colonels must have less than 16 satisfactory years credit towards a reserve retirement as of 31 May 2018 and be able to complete 18 satisfactory years within 24 years of commissioned service. Lieutenant Colonels may not have a mandatory removal date earlier than 1 June 2022. Captains who have been passed over for promotion to major in the ready reserve are ineligible. Reserve Aviators must affiliate within 30 days of selection results message.
b. Active Component Naval Aviators: must have less than 16 satisfactory years credit towards a Reserve retirement and must establish, in writing from HQMC (MMOA), an EAS and be able to affiliate with the program NLT 31 May 2018.
c. All Naval Aviators must have a minimum of 1,000 flight hours total time with a strong background in instrument flying.
4. Selection is based on the needs of the service and will be on a competitive/best qualified basis. Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who currently have completed a three-year tour in an SMCR flying unit. An officers record of service in the SMCR, past performance, and potential for future participation in the Reserve Component will be considered. Proximity to drilling site, ease of commute, and/or willingness to relocate should be addressed in the application process, and will be favorably considered.
5. Favorable consideration will be given to the following MOS: 7509, 7523, 7543, 7562, 7564, and 7566.
6. Individuals selected will be contractually obligated to serve with the VMR for a minimum of four years after completing Civilian Approved Contractor Training (e.g., Training and Readiness Core Skill Introduction Phase). Individuals selected for OSA units are expected to deploy. Drill schedule, Annual Training, and aircraft qualification training will be IAW current unit Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and will require a minimum of five days of active participation each month. Required Civilian Approved Contractor Training must be completed within six months of selection and may take up to six weeks of Active Duty Training (ADT) for UC-35 training or up to seven weeks of ADT for UC-12 training. Early removal from VMR units based on a lack of performance and/or participation is at the discretion of the unit Commanding Officer.
7. Applications are not solicited from individuals who have been previously selected for T/C training (e.g., CH-53 to AH-1W), are medically disqualified for duties involving flying, or have had their flight status revoked. Applicants who were considered and not selected by previous selection boards and desire to be considered by the FY18-01 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board are required to submit new packages.
8. Application Requirements:
a. Applicants are to follow reference (b) for submission of packages and will include a 4th MAW application for membership in the SMCR that can be found under the applications tab (ref WingO 5320R.S2) at http:(slash)(slash)www.marforres.marines.mil/majorsubordinatecommands/4thmarineaircraftwing/officeropportunities.aspx. Applicants must also acknowledge via a Statement of Understanding within their application that they accept a four-year drilling obligation for T/C to the UC-12 or UC-35. This obligation will begin upon the completion of T/C training. If T/C is completed for both airframes, the four-year drilling obligation will begin upon completion of training for the second airframe. Applicants currently assigned to a flying billet should include an endorsement from their commanding officer. Letters of recommendation, particularly from individuals with whom the applicant has served in a flying unit, are encouraged and should be submitted with the application.
b. Once the application is complete, a digital (pdf) copy of the entire package shall be e-mailed to omb_4thMAW_cmd@usmc.mil NLT 9 November 2017. Note: Adobe Acrobat pdf format is the only accepted means of digital submission for the applications. Incomplete or incorrectly submitted applications will not be considered.
c. Label all pdf files with last. first. desired aircraft (e.g., Foss.Joe.UC-35) for tracking purposes. If multiple pdf files are submitted, label files as 1 of xx (e.g., Foss.Joe.UC-35 part 1 of 4).9. Selection Board results will be announced by MARADMIN at the earliest possible date after the conclusion of the board proceedings.
10. Naval Aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and DIFDEN billets with other SMCR units. In addition, eligible Naval Aviators are reminded of the Fiscal Year 2018 Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) Unit Reserve Officer Retention Bonus (RORB) and Forward Air Controller (FAC)/Air Officer Retention Bonus, reference (d). To learn more contact 4th MAW G1 at commercial telephone (504)697-7784 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Names and locations of Tactical Squadrons seeking aviators follow:
HMLA-773 JRB New Orleans, LA (and) JB McGuire Dix Lakehurst, NJ
HMLA-775 MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA
VMM-764 MCAS Miramar, CA
VMM-774 NAS Norfolk, VA
VMGR-234 JRB Fort Worth, TX
VMGR-452 Stewart ANG Base Newburgh, NY
VMFA-112 JRB Fort Worth, TX
VMFT-401 MCAS Yuma, AZ
11. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Steven R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//