ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESERVE SERGEANT MAJOR (SGTMAJ) SLATE BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2018
Date Signed: 10/5/2017
MARADMINS Number: 550/17
R 051139Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESERVE SERGEANT MAJOR (SGTMAJ) SLATE BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2018//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20151223//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20171002//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1001R.1L, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE B IS THE SELECTED RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/D. T. ORSI, JR/SGTMAJ/UNIT: CMC/MRA RA/-/TEL: 703-784-9100//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following listed billets are to be slated read in three columns:
Command Location No Later Than Date
HQTRS CO, 23D MAR REGT San Bruno, CA July 2018
HQTRS CO, 25TH MAR REGT Ft. Devens, MA July 2018
2D CAG Anacostia, MD July 2018
3D CAG Great Lakes, IL July 2018
MATSG-42, TRNG COM Pensacola NAS, FL July 2018
HQTRS, MAG-49 McGuire AFB, NJ July 2018
HQTRS CO, CLR-45 Marietta, GA July 2018
Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria:
a. Must have been selected on the Fiscal Year 2016 (FY16) promotion board or earlier.
b. Must have at least 24 months of available service to obligate upon the assignment date in order to serve in the billet before a mandatory retirement date and not pass the Enlisted Career Force Controls (ECFC) per present policy. ECFC is not waiverable and requests will not be favorably endorsed.
c. Must meet height/weight standards and have completed and passed a most recent Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Combat Fitness Test (CFT) within the previous CY verified in Marine Corps Total Force System.
2. Submission packages must be in standard naval letter (SNL) format to include: NAVMC 10274 (AA Form), a current certified promotion photo with height/weight verified, professional resume, Master Brief Sheet, last three (3) Fitness Reports, Reserve Qualification Summary, and a cover letter addressed to the Director of Reserve Affairs (RA) (Attn: SgtMaj). Each package must be endorsed via the immediate chain of command, to include the first O6 in the chain of command. No Commanding General endorsement is required for this slate, but each of the respective major subordinate command (MSC) SgtsMaj in the chain of command of the submitting SgtMaj must be informed of the intent to submit via official email.
3. The SgtsMaj selected for the listed billets must be prepared to accept orders NLT than the above listed date of assignment. Upon selection, the selectee will make immediate liaison with the newly slated unit to establish a formal check in date and conduct a proper turnover. The tour of duty for assignment to the O6 level command SgtMaj billet is for two (2) years and will be specifically directed via formal billet assignment letter by the RA SgtMaj via MSC assigned and MARADMIN. BIC policy on realignment allows for a 90 day turnover. The gaining command is directed to reassign the outbound SgtMaj to an EX009 BIC and assign the incoming SgtMaj to the published BIC per the units verified table of organization. The outbound SgtMaj must remain assigned to the EX009 BIC until completion of the inter-unit transfer (IUT) by his or her new unit. If moving from one MSC to the other as a result of the slate, both MSC SgtsMaj must be informed as to when the turnover will take place. A copy of the IUT will be provided to each MSC SgtMaj and the RA SgtMaj.
4. All correspondence as listed in paragraph 2 must arrive at Headquarters Marine Corps RA NLT 27 October 2017. Applicants must sign, scan and email the entire package to: email@example.com.
5. Packages will be presented to the MSC SgtsMaj directly involved for selection and will be announced via separate correspondence immediately following completion of the slate. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated directly to the RA SgtMaj at (703) 784-9100.
6. Release authorized by Colonel James M. Morrisroe, Director Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//