HQMC SEMPER FIT (MFS) ANNOUNCES THE 2017 MARINE CORPS FOOTBALL COMBINE
Date Signed: 10/5/2017
MARADMINS Number: 551/17
R 051503Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT (MFS) ANNOUNCES THE 2017 MARINE CORPS FOOTBALL COMBINE//
POC/T. CURETON/NF5/MFS/-/TEL: 703-432-0251/TEL: DSN 278-0251/TEL: FAX 703-784-4125/EMAIL: CURETONT@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. HQMC Semper Fit (MFS) announces the 2017 Marine Corps Football Combine at Paige Fieldhouse, MCB Camp Pendleton, California on 28 October 2017 at 0700. The 2017 Marine Corps Football Combine affords Active Duty and Reserve Marine athletes of any age, gender, or service time the opportunity to showcase their athletic prowess through the performance tests listed below and have it captured on video for dissemination to representatives from college and university athletic departments. The Combine schedule will consist of physical performance testing, individual position training, offense and defense team drills, college recruiting process, and one-on-one training from former division one players and coaches. Participants will have the opportunity to create an online recruiting profile. Potential recruitment by the college and university athletic personnel may occur.
2. The 2017 All-Marine Football Combine will include the following performance tests:
a) 40-yard dash
b) Max bench press
c) Vertical jump
d) Broad jump
e) 20-yard shuttle
f) 3-cone drill
g) 60-yard shuttle
h) Position-specific drills
i) Physical measurements (height and weight)
3. The All-Marine Football Combine is open to the Total Force. Interested Marines may register online by accessing www.athletesofvalor.com/events/2017-camp-pendelton-marine-corps-football-combine#register or in-person the day of the event.
4. The All Marine Football Combine will be conducted as a pilot at MCB Camp Pendleton. At the conclusion of this event, HQMC will conduct an evaluation and feasibility of the program for future implementation at additional locations across the Corps.
5. Marines choosing to participate will not receive funding for temporary additional duty (TAD) from HQMC. Commands are authorized to fund TAD travel at their own discretion using their own funding. In the absence of funded TAD orders commands are also authorized to create unfunded permissive temporary assigned duty (PTAD) orders at their discretion. In the absence of funded TAD or PTAD orders, Marines participating are required to receive annual leave approval to attend.
6. This message is cancelled on 31 October 2017.
7. Release authorized by BGen K. W. Stein, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//