FY18 COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAM (PHDP) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 10/10/2017
MARADMINS Number: 554/17
R 100817Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18 COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAM (PHDP) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MARADMIN 423/17/YMD:20170807//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1300.8/YMD:20140918//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/DODI 1322.10/YMD:20080429//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 423/17, ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE MARINE CORPS DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY PROGRAM (PHDP)//
NARR/REF B IS MCO 1300.8, THE MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY/REF C IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1322.10, POLICY ON GRADUATE EDUCATION FOR MILITARY OFFICERS//
POC/R. J. ARANT/MAJ/USMC/CMCSP/MCU EMAIL: ROBIN.ARANT@USMCU.EDU//
POC/S. A. EDWARDS/MAJ/USMC/PHDP-T/MCCDC EMAIL: SHANE.EDWARDS@USMC.MIL//
POC/S. A. HUMR/MAJ/USMC/MMOA-3 EMAIL: SMBMANPOWEROFFICERPR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the results of the Commandant of the Marine Corps Doctor of Philosophy Program Selection Board.
2. The board met from 12-15 September 2017 and selected two officers as primaries for the Commandant of the Marine Corps Strategist Program (CMCSP) and two officers as primaries for the Marine Corps Doctor of Philosophy Technical Program (PHDP-T). To accommodate the extremely competitive admissions process at top civilian universities in the National Capital Region and the Naval Postgraduate School, additional officers were selected as alternates and found to be highly qualified by the board.
3. Primaries selected to participate in the CMCSP are listed below. Primaries are expected to apply to high quality Ph.D. programs in the National Capital Region.
Name PMOS MCC
Campbell, Ian S. 0302 QAQ
Yang, Adam 0602 J64
4. The alternates selected to participate in the CMCSP are listed below alphabetically. The following alternates are highly encouraged to apply to high quality Ph.D. programs in the National Capital Region in order to have the opportunity to attend in the event a primary selectee cannot attend for any reason.
Name PMOS MCC
Beaudreau, Marc D. 7588 NBB
Jordan, John D. 7562 1Y1
5. Primaries selected to participate in the PHDP-T are listed below. Primaries are expected to apply to the specified Ph.D. programs at the Naval Postgraduate School.
Name PMOS MCC Academic Program
Schotter, Robert C. 0202 1F1 Information Sciences
Rye, Erik, C. 0602 J38 Computer Science
6. The alternates selected to participate in the PHDP-T are listed below alphabetically. The following alternates are highly encouraged to apply to the specified Ph.D. program at the Naval Postgraduate School in order to have the opportunity to attend in the event a primary selectee cannot attend for any reason.
Name PMOS MCC Academic Program
Black, Scotty E. 7525 V61 MOVES
Parker Jr, Jeffrey D. 7565 J38 Operations Research
7. Officers must agree not to tender resignation or request retirement while enrolled in the program. Officers must further agree to remain on active duty after completion of degree requirements or upon separation from the program for any other reason. Service obligations incurred for this program are in accordance with the references.
8. Selected officers for CMCSP will be contacted by Marine Corps University to confirm acceptance of this assignment and to provide assistance with the completion of Ph.D. applications. Selected officers for PHDP-T will be contacted by Deputy Commandant Combat Development and Integration, Operations Analysis Directorate to confirm acceptance of this assignment and to provide assistance with the completion of Ph.D. applications.
9. Officers must contact MMOA-3 via email at email@example.com and respective program POCs to confirm acceptance of this assignment NLT 13 October 2017. Primary selectees declining acceptance must route their request through the first general officer in their chain of command.
10. Selections are contingent upon acceptance to one of the specified doctoral programs. NLT 30 April 2018 all doctoral program acceptance letters need to be scanned and emailed to MMOA-3. Report dates and orders will be coordinated through MMOA-3.
11. Upon reporting to administrative units, officers will coordinate fitness report and accountability procedures. Officers will always maintain a full time student status. If a student anticipates not meeting program requirements, notify this headquarters immediately.
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//