FY18 NON-SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT (NON-SDA) MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS
Date Signed: 10/11/2017
MARADMINS Number: 564/17
R 111116Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18 NON-SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT (NON-SDA) MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20171002//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2 (ENLPROMMAN), PROVIDES POLICY AND GUIDELINES FOR PROMOTION ELIGIBILITY. REF B, IS the FY18 NON-SDA MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS.//
POC/CHRISTINA R. UPTON/MAJ/CMC MMPR-2/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY18 meritorious promotion allocations for Non-SDA to commanding generals and commanding officers. Commands identified as being a "subordinate command" are identified as such for administrative purposes only to establish Non-SDA meritorious promotion allocation distribution and has no effect on existing reporting or operational controls.
2. Commanders with specific allocations listed below will convene selection boards within their commands and nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the CMC. The recommendations of the selection boards for the meritorious promotion of Marines to gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant for Non-SDA must be endorsed by the commander and submitted via naval message to CMC (MMPR-2). The message must be received no later than 1 February 2018. Upon review and approval of the nominations by the CMC (MM), unit diary entries will be entered by HQMC. Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (a). Allocations will not be carried over past 2 April 2018. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade.
3. The FY18 meritorious promotion allocations among Non-SDA are:
CMD SSgt/GySgt Allocations
(ADMIN SUPPORTED UNITS E.G.
M(and)RA SNCO BOARD 1/1
3.a. Nominations must be submitted via the Automated Message Handling SyStem (AMHS) to include the following:
Rank Name EDIPI MCC/Unit
3.b. These allocations are applicable to all Marines serving in the active component and active reserve component.
3.c. MCRC/LogCom nominee packages should be delivered to the Manpower and Reserve Affairs SNCO meritorious promotion board no later than 1 February 2018. For questions, contact the Manpower and Reserve Affairs Sergeant Major at comm: (703) 784-9012 or DSN: 278-9012. All other commands listed above should refer to paragraph 4 for further details.
4. Meritorious promotions will have an effective date of 2 April 2018.
5. For enlisted promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on Compatibility View Settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This maradmin will be posted to the promotion branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine," "Manpower Management (MM)," "Promotion Branch," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there click on "Message Traffic," then "SNCO Messages," then click on the Meritorious tab.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//