FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) ENLISTED TO WARRANT OFFICER (RESERVE) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 10/12/2017
MARADMINS Number: 571/17
R 121920Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2017/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) ENLISTED TO WARRANT OFFICER (RESERVE) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MPP-35/YMD: 20060207//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRC OE/YMD: 20000503//
REF/C/MSGID: RMG/CG MCRC/YMD: 20170103//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/DODINST/YMD: 19990920//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/MIFD/YMD: 20130703//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/NAVSOP/YMD: 20170101//
REF/G/MSGID: DOC/MPO-40/YMD: 20150831//
REF/H/MSGID: DOC/C 466/YMD: 20161215//
REF/I/MSGID: DOC/461TPS/YMD: 20161215//
REF/J/MSGID: DOC/BUMED/YMD: 20150608//
NARR/REF (A) IS SECNAVINST 1412.9B, MARINE CORPS LIMITED DUTY OFFICER AND WARRANT OFFICER PROGRAMS, PROMOTIONS AND CONTINUATION PROCEDURES. REF (B) IS MCO 1040.42A, LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) AND WARRANT OFFICER (WO) PROGRAMS. REF (C) IS MARADMIN 061/17 OF 3 JAN 17 WHICH ANNOUNCED THE FY18 ENLISTED TO WARRANT OFFICER (RESERVE) SELECTION BOARD. REF (D) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION 1205.21 OF 20 SEP 1999, RESERVE COMPONENT INCENTIVE PROGRAMS PROCEDURES. REF (E) IS MCO 1000.6, THE ASSIGNMENT CLASSIFICATION AND TRAVEL SYSTEMS MANUAL (ACTSMAN). REF (F) IS THE JOINT TRAVEL REGULATIONS UNIFORMED SERVICE MEMBERS AND DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES. REF (G) IS MCO 7220.56A, THE ENTITLEMENT TO BASIC ALLOWANCE FOR HOUSING (BAH) AT LOCATIONS OTHER THAN PERMANENT DUTY STATION (PDS). REF (H) IS MCBUL 6100, MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS. REF (I) IS MCO 6110.3A, MARINE CORPS BODY COMPOSITION AND MILITARY APPEARANCE PROGRAM. REF (K) IS NAVMED P117, DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY, MANUAL OF THE MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15.//
POC/-/-/UNIT: MCRC, ON-E/NAME: MR. B. REIDENBACH/Tel: 703 784-9446 OR 9447//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per references (A) through (C), the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) has approved the FY18 Enlisted to WO (Reserve) Selection Board report.
A. The following personnel have been selected for appointment to the permanent grade of WO (W-1) in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve in the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) and site-specific Reporting Unit Code (RUC) listed below:
Name SMOS SRUC Billet
Cortez, Jose A. 0430 01139 Det A MWSS-473 MAG-41 4th MAW
Craig, Kollin J. 1310 04051 Lndg Spt Co CLR 45 4th MLG
Day Zachary J. 2805 14802 Hqtrs Co ISB FHG MARFORRES
Diamond, Bradley K. 2805 00407 Hqtrs MWCS-48 MACG-48 4th MAW
Fondse, Daniel B. 0210 14805 Det 1 CI/HUMINT Co A ISB FHG
Gentry, Anthony T. 0430 00510 MWSS-471 MAG-41 4th MAW
Lara, Alexander 3510 14331 Hqtrs Btry 3/14 4th MARDIV
Leister, Paul M. 2340 04063 Det 1 Sup Co CLB 453 CLR 4
Martinez, Alex A. 2120 14301 Hqtrs Btry 14th Mar Regt
Matsumoto, Lance T. 3510 14321 Hqtrs Btry 2/14 4th MARDIV
Peters, Trey L. 3510 01199 Det A MWSS-471 MAG-41 4th MAW
Ramirez, Fernando M. 2120 14641 Hqtrs Btry 5/14 4th MARDIV
Rentsendorj, Khosbayar 0170 21831 H and S Co 4th AAV Bn
Sandoval, Reynaldo M. 1390 29063 Bulk Fuel Co A (-) 6th ESB
Snyder, Carl R. 1390 00510 MWSS-471 MAG-41 4th MAW
Spencer, James N. 6502 04780 HMLA-775 (-) MAG-41 4th MAW
Tucker, Murtice A. 0620 14004 Comm Co 14th Mar Regt
Walker, Randall J. 2305 00527 Det B MWSS-471 MAG-41 4th MAW
B. The following personnel have been selected for appointment to the permanent grade of WO (W-1) in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve in the Active Reserve (AR) MOS listed below:
Anomachi, Louis I. 0170
Mincey, John C. 0170
C. AR WO selects are directed to contact CWO5 Pataki, Headquarters, Marine Corps (HQMC) (RAM-2) at DSN 278-0530 or commercial (703) 784-0530. Individual guidance for each Marine will be provided to coordinate their orders to MOS school and permanent duty assignment.
D. Declination of Appointment. Selectees desiring to decline appointment in the primary MOS or billet vacancy in which selected, shall submit a letter of declination via their chain of command to the Commanding General. Marine Corps Recruiting Command (ON-E) (CG, MCRC), 3280 Russell Road, Quantico, VA 22134 prior to the appointment date.
E. Delay or Removal of Appointment. If the commander intends to delay or remove a selected Marines appointment, refer to reference (A) for guidance.
F. Commanding officers will notify those applicants whose names are not listed in paragraph 1 of their non-selection. Marines who were considered, but not selected may contact the Reserve Enlisted Career Counselors HQMC (CMT) toll free at (877) 415-9275, option 5, then option 3, for career counseling and guidance on improving selection competitiveness. Due to the confidentiality of the selection board process, the specific reason for selection failure will not be provided.
(1) Selectees are slated to be appointed on or about 1 Feb 2018 at a ceremony aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico. Selectees will report to the Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command (MCCDC), to attend the WOBC, which is scheduled to convene on 22 Jan 2018. The mission of the WOBC is to train and educate newly appointed or commissioned warrant officers in the high standards of professional knowledge, esprit-de-corps, and leadership required to transition from enlisted Marine to officer with particular emphasis on the duties, responsibilities and warfighting skills required of a provisional rifle platoon commander. Selectees must report no earlier than 1200 on 22 Jan 2018 and no later than 1700 on 22 Jan 2018. The report date to the WOBC was modified in order to effectively screen selectees and ensure they meet appointment and training standards per reference (A). Failure to do so may result in revocation of appointment.
(2) SMCR selectees must affiliate with the unit for which selected immediately following successful completion of the WOBC and successive MOS school. WOs not required to attend MOS school, or whose MOS school begins 30 days or more after the WOBC graduation date, will execute an inter-unit transfer immediately upon return to their original unit.
(3) Reference (D) requires SMCR selectees who have served less than 12 months on a contract who received an incentive bonus to contact their unit administration office to establish a preferred method of reimbursement of the bonus received.
(1) SMCR selectees are required to affiliate with the designated SMCR unit, and serve in the billet for which selected for a minimum period of 3 years.
(2) Per reference (A), Commanding Officers must ensure that SMCR selectees sign the following page 11 entry prior to appointment: "I understand that appointment as a permanent Reserve Warrant Officer is for an indefinite term, and that SECNAV may terminate the appointment of any Warrant Officer who fails to complete the Warrant Officer Basic Course, any required MOS follow-on school within 18 months of appointment, or the 3-year SMCR unit obligation. A Marine whose appointment is terminated may, upon request, and at the discretion of the SECNAV, enlist in a grade not lower than that held immediately prior to appointment."
(3) Both SMCR and AR WOs are in a probationary status for 5 years from the date of appointment.
I. Funding and Orders for Training
(1) RA will schedule all SMCR selectees for WOBC and primary MOS school.
(2) Units shall submit orders for the SMCR selects via the Marine Resource Order Writing Service (MROWS) utilizing RA (HQ/WO) funding no later than 1 Jan 2018. Appropriation data and MROWS procedures are available at www.manpower.usmc.mil under Reserve Marine/Reserve Continuation and Transition Branch/FY18 Enlisted to Warrant Officer (Reserve) Selection Order Writing Instructions. Contact RA at (703) 784-9771 with any questions. It is imperative that Marine arrive with fully funded orders to avoid a delay in the 30-day partial per diem settlements. Historically, delays in MROWS orders modifications from enlisted funding to officer funding has negatively impacted timely partial settlements.
(3) Attendance of WOBC and primary MOS school training takes precedence over unit annual training, operational commitments and mobilization.
(4) References (E) and (F) define the differences in Duty Under Instructions, Temporary Additional Duty, Temporary Duty Under Instructions, and Reassignment Orders in relation to per diem, and other allowances.
(5) Per reference (G), Reserve Marines attending WOBC under ROWS orders will receive BAH with or without dependents at their primary residence locality rate.
(1) Check-in procedures and welcome aboard information for WOBC will be posted on the TBS website upon release of this message. The package will contain important information concerning the upcoming WOBC, including check-in procedures and amplifying comments for this message. Selectees must view the TBS website as soon as possible to read welcome aboard information and other coordinating instructions pertaining to WOBC. The TBS point of contact is Capt Laurin, Co I Executive Officer, at electronic mail email@example.com. The mailing address for TBS is: Commanding Officer, The Basic School, 24164 Belleau Avenue, Quantico, VA 22134. The website address is www.trngcmd.marines.mil/units/northeast/the-basic-school/. Students should direct their attention to the right hand side of the page and find "Welcome Aboard" under the WOBC drop down menu.
(2) Selectees must report to TBS with original orders, Defense Travel System travel authorizations, and complete health and dental records. A DD Form 214 will also be issued at TBS if the selectee is released from active duty upon graduation, otherwise, the follow-on MOS school will issue and prepare a final settlement. The Appointment Acceptance Record (NAVMC 763), the Officer Qualification Record, and Identification Card will be completed/issued at WOBC. Selectees should report in the enlisted Service Alpha uniform. Selectees should either purchase their officer Service Alpha uniform or be prepared to have their uniforms tailored prior to the Appointment Ceremony. Specific information for uniform requirements can be found on the TBS website.
(3) SMCR selectees may contact Force Recruiting, Marine Forces Reserve at DSN 678-7193 or commercial (504) 697-7193 for questions regarding billet assignments.
(4) SMCR selectees are eligible for the FY18 SMCR Warrant Officer Accession Bonus. All requests must be submitted no later than 31 December 2017 in accordance with MARADMIN 414/17.
K. Training Requirement
(1) Selectees are encouraged to arrive at WOBC in peak physical condition due to the rigors of the course. Selectees must achieve a first class physical fitness test (PFT) prior to appointment as outlined in reference (H) with a first class PFT, and maintain Marine Corps Body Composition and Military Appearance per reference (I). Those who are not within standards or do not score a first-class PFT after two attempts will be dropped from the course during the first week of training. There will be extended field time at the WOBC. Selectees are encouraged to practice running the obstacle course with emphasis on rope climbing. Hiking under load and running in boots and utilities is also recommended. Passing a 10-mile hike under prescribed load, a double standard Marine Corps Obstacle Course, and the TBS Endurance Course are required to graduate from WOBC.
(2) Selectees must arrive having read the book, "Black Heart: One Platoons Descent Into Madness In Iraqs Triangle Of Death" by Jim Frederick. A writing assessment and discussion will be conducted on the book during the course of the program of instruction (POI).
(3) Selectees must review and show completion of the following courses on MarineNet:
a. Business Writing: Editing and Proofreading (Comm1903)
b. Business Grammar: Sentence Construction (Comm2005)
c. Business Grammar: Mechanics of Writing (Comm203)
d. Business Grammar: Punctuation (Comm204)
(4) Selectees are required to read and review the following publications prior to check in:
a. MCDP 1
b. MCDP 1-3
c. MCDP 5
d. MCDP 6
e. MCWP 6-11
(5) Selectees are required to review the following student handouts prior to checking in. Students handouts are located on the TBS website under "Student Material."
a. Principles of Fire Support (W280001XQ)
b. Squad Weapons (W2A0001XQ)
(6) Once selectees have been in-processed, there will be an appropriate Appointment Ceremony on 1 Feb 2018. Further details will be made available on the TBS website during the course of the POI.
(7) All required training must be completed within 18 months of appointment in order to be considered and selected for promotion to Chief Warrant Officer 2. If all training is not completed within 18 months of appointment, the appointment will be terminated.
L. Physical Qualifications
(1) Selectees who do not meet the physical qualification established in MANMED, chapter 15 (NOTAL), MCBul 6100, and MCO 6110.3A for appointment, or who are not physically qualified to attend the WOBC will not be appointed.
(2) These individuals will remain on the list of Marines approved for appointment to the grade of WO and once medically qualified, will have an appointment date of the first day of the month prior to the month in which the member attends WOBC.
(3) Immediately upon release of this message, all selectees are required to provide (via email) a letter on command letterhead with point of contact name, DSN, commercial telephone numbers, and an electronic mail message address to the point of contact at firstname.lastname@example.org in case additional information is needed to complete medical processing.
(4) Per reference (K), prior to appointment, selectees must be determined physically qualified for appointment by the Bureau Of Medicine and Surgery and must pass the PFT as outlined in reference (K). Failure to comply with requirements may delay receipt of the appointment documents at TBS, and may subsequently result in a forfeiture of the date of rank. Commanding officers of deployed Marines can contact MCRC, ON-E to establish arrangements to complete this task, if needed. If not done already, selectees must submit a current commissioning physical examination, to include a Report of Medical Examination (DD Form 2808), A Report of Medical History (DD Form 2807-1). Date of physical exam must not be older than 1 Feb 2016. Selectees with commissioning physicals over a year old will submit copies of the current and last years Preventative Health Assessment in addition to the physical examination.
(5) Commanding officers must closely review selectee medical and dental records to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to their arrival at TBS. Selectees should arrive at TBS fully medically ready to train at the time of check in with no outstanding medical issues that would preclude training. Pay particular attention to the following items:
(a) Marks and scars must be listed.
(b) Selectees must be dental class type 1 or 2, documented on the DD Form 2808 in block 43, and have block 83.a. signed by a dentist. Dental records should be updated to reflect the most current dental examination.
(c) HIV results must be current and include date tested and roster number.
(d) Distance vision must be documented in block 61 of the DD Form 2808. If vision does not correct to 20/20, a current ophthalmology evaluation is required. WO selectees with a history of vision correction surgery must have all pre-operative and post-operative reports included with the medical documents.
(e) The results of an updated audiogram must be included in DD Form 2808 block 71.a. or as a separate enclosure. If any results are outside of the MANMED allowable range, submit a repeat audiogram and an ear, nose and throat consultation.
(f) Female selectees must have the results of a current pelvic exam and pap smear with the pathology report included as part of the package.
(g) Ensure all "yes" answers on DD Form 2807-1 are explained by the physician in block 29. All pertinent medical clearance documents for each condition disclosed in the DD Form 2807 should be provided.
(h) Ensure all answers on DD Form 2808 blocks 17-42 (excluding block 41 for males) are marked normal or abnormal. "NE" is not an acceptable answer.
2. Questions from medical personnel concerning the medical requirements may be addressed to HMC Hus at email@example.com or at DSN 278-9427 or commercial (703) 784-9427. MCRC, ON-E is the approval authority for medical deferment for selectees who have not yet been appointed. Request for medical deferments with supporting documentation must be routed via their chain of command, to include a general officer level endorsement, and forwarded to MCRC, ON-E, 3280 Russell Road, Quantico, VA 22134 for consideration.
3. Selectees failing to comply with the aforementioned requirements will delay receipt of their appointment documents at TBS, and will subsequently result in a forfeiture of their date of rank.
4. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
5. This MARADMIN cancels 31 March 2018.
6. Release authorized by Major General P. J. Kennedy, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//