MAGTF COMMUNICATIONS COURSE (MCPC) 1-18
Date Signed: 10/24/2017
MARADMINS Number: 589/17
R 241346Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC C4//
SUBJ/MAGTF COMMUNICATIONS COURSE (MCPC) 1-18//
REF/A/MSGID: MCO P1200.17D//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO P1200.17D, THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES MANUAL.//
POC/RENE AGOSTO/CIV/UNIT: HQMC C4 CSP/TEL: 571-256-8846//
POC/ERIC LARSEN/MAJ/UNIT: HQMC C4 OCC FIELD SPONSOR/TEL: 703-693-3545//
POC/DAN CONTE/CAPT/UNIT TRNGCMD G3 COPS/TEL: 703-432=2216//
POC/ROSA CLARKE/LTCOL/UNIT” MCCES s3 OPSO/TEL: 60-830-6531//
POC/PAUL STOKES/CIV/UNIT: MCCES S3 DEPOPSO/TEL: 760-830-6367//
POC/JOHN SISSON/MAJ/UNIT: COMMUNICATION TRAINING BATTALION (CTB) S3 OPSO/TEL: 7608301832//
POC/WILLIAM HOCHRINE/CAPT/UNIT: CTB MCPC COURSE COORDINATOR/TEL: 760-830-8901//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/THIS IS A HQMC C4, TRAINING COMMAND AND MARINE CORPS COMMUNICATION-ELECTRONICS SCHOOL (MCCES) COORDINATED MESSAGE.
1. Situation. Communication Training Battalion (CTB), Marine Corps communication-Electronics School (MCCES) and HQMC C4 are soliciting student nominations for the winter 2018 Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Communications Planners Course (MCPC) 1-18 to be held from 8 January – 6 April 2018 in Twenty-nine Palms, CA. MCPC is a new, advanced formal skills progression training course for MOS 0602 Majors, Captains, and other select Communications Planners. Officers with the PMOS of 0602 will be awarded the NMOS Skill Designator 0603 upon successful course completion. While attending MCPC, students will develop the necessary critical thinking skills to plan Advanced MAGTF Communications Architectures, spanning the full Range of Military Operations (ROMO) in a contested, Denied, Degraded, Communications, Computers, Command and Control Environment (D2C4E) from spectrum and space, to planning considerations, spanning the full spectrum of Cyberspace Operations. Students will also plan for Joint and Coalition Communications Systems and Information Sharing Requirements. Students will receive training in project management, contracting, MAGTF Information Management for Air, and Ground Command and Control (C2) Systems, to include SharePoint Administration, Marine Air Command and Control System (MACCSS), Tactical Data Links (TDLs) and conduct case studies in cyber conflict, and D2C4E contested environments. Students will benefit from exposure to a wide variety of adjunct professors spanning the Joint Operational Environment (JOE). Once complete, students will become MAGTF Communications Planners. The following student eligibility criteria applies TO MCPC 1-18:
1.A. MOS 0602 Majors, Captains serving in the Operating Forces, or Supporting Establishment.
1.B. LDO Captains holding MOS 0605, and Chief Warrant Officers 3 and 4 holding MOSs 0610/0620/0640/0650.
1.C. Professional Military Education (PME) complete Master Sergeants and Master Gunnery Sergeants holding the MOS 0699/0689.
1.D. Government ITM Civilians, GS-12 and above, in the following OCC Field Series: GS-0332/2210/0335/0390/0391/0392/0854/1550.
2. Mission. From 8 January – 6 April 2018, Delta Company, CTB, MCCES, conducts MCPC 1-18 in order to provide MAGTF Communications Planners to the Operating Forces who are capable of planning and employing advanced communications architectures at the Major Subordinate Command (MSC), Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF), and Marine Expeditionary Brigade (MEB) level in support of MAGTF exercises and operations.
3.A. Parent command will submit nominations NLT 1 December 2017 with the following information via encrypted email to all POCs listed:
(1) LNAME, FNAME, MI
(3) Primary MOS
(5) UNIT MCC
(6) UNIT POC to Receive Funding Approval (E-MAIL Address)
(7) Current/Future Billet Assignment
(8) Security Clearance/Date (Secret Required)
(9) Work Phone Number (DSN and/or COML)
(10) EMAIL Address
(11) Mode of Travel
(12) Is Ground Transportation Required During the Course? (Y OR N)
(13) Does Nominee Possess GTCC? (Y OR N)
(14) Security Clearance/Visit Requests (OPNAV 5521/27) are required to be entered in Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS). The JPAS SMO code is MS3305STUD. Include Full Name, SSN, Level of Clearance/Basis, Dates of VISIT (8 January – 6 April 2018), and Purpose (MCPC 1-18), POC: Captain Hochrine, ATTN: Security Manager.
4. Coordinating Instructions
4.A. Commands with two or more nominees will designate a POC for coordination purposes. All requests should be forwarded from nominee's commander via the appropriate chain of command.
4.B. Uniform for Marines will be the seasonal MARPAT, Service “A”, “B”, and “C” uniform. Attire for civilian attendees is business casual.
4.C. All MCPC Student Handouts will be electronic. It is highly recommended that all students bring their own computing device. If the student will need a device, a request should be submitted during the nomination period via email to the POC’s listed in this message.
4.D. If, by 1 December 2017, MCPC 1-18 does not have 70 percent of its seats filled, (i.e., 24 students), it will be cancelled.
5. Administration and Logistics
5.A. The 06XX OCCFLD Manager is the POC for identifying all MCPC students.
5.B. CLASS CAPACITY. MCPC 1-18 Class Capacity is (35) Students.
5.C. FUNDED SEAT ALLOCATIONS. TECOM will provide funding for travel, lodging, and per diem for active duty Marines. Individual requests for rental cars from military members will not be considered. Civilian attendees are funded by their parent command. Reserve Component Marines should contact MARFORRES formal schools at DSN (312) 647-7323 or Comm (504) 697-7323.
5.D. BILLETING. Reservations for billeting are the responsibility of each attendee. Attendees must check with the Twenty-nine Palms BOQ (Roadrunner Inn) at Coml (760) 830-6642/5583 for the availability of government billeting prior to making any Coml lodging reservations. If government billeting is not available, local lodging Information may be obtained from the Sleepy Tortoise Lodge at Coml (760) 830-6583. Use of government messing is directed, if available. Traveler must attach a Statement of Non-Availability within DTS or Per Diem must reflect the government rates.
6. Command and Signal
6.A. MCPC 1-18 will convene on 8 January 2018. Students are required to report in Service “A” uniform NLT 0730 8 January 2018, at the Delta Company HQ, CTB, MCCES, Bldg 1761 Twenty-nine Palms, CA.
6.B. The POCs will notify nominees selected to attend MCPC 1-18 NLT 30 days prior to the convening date of the course.
6.C. Upon positive confirmation of registration, each individual will receive an email from the MCPC Course Coordinator with further directions and guidance.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. This message self-cancels on 23 January 2018.
9. Release is authorized by BGEN Dennis A. Crall, Director, Command, Control, Communications, and Computers (C4) Department.//