FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD TWO RESULTS
Date Signed: 10/25/2017
MARADMINS Number: 593/17
R 251739Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA UC//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD TWO RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.43B MCRC OE/YMD: 20151029//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRCO 1100.2A G-3/YMD: 20160111//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 670/16/YMD: 20161221//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 108/17/YMD: 20170303//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/C475-CSA/YMD: 20170217//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/C475-CSA/YMD: 20170713//
REF/G/MSGID: DOC/BUMED/YMD: 20050812//
REF/H/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31 MMEA-6/YMD: 20100908//
REF/I/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 457/17/YMD: 20170818//
NARR/Ref (A) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER (E-O) COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS. REF (B) IS MCRCO 1100.2A MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (MCRC OCM). REF (C) IS MARADMIN 670/16 CHANGES TO THE PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST (PFT), COMBAT FITNESS TEST, AND BODY COMPOSITION PROGRAM: ADVISORY 1-17. REF (D) IS MARADMIN 108/17 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FY18 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS. REF (E) IS THE OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL MASTER PROJECTION PLAN. REF(F) IS THE FALL 2017 OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) CLASS DATES, CANDIDATE PRE-SHIP PREPARATION LETTER. REF (G) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (H) IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (I) IS MARADMIN 457/17 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE UPGRADED ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS.//
POC/MS. TROI SPENCER/CIV/UNIT: MCRC ON/E/-/TEL: (703) 784-9443//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command (CG), (MCRC) by direction of the Commandant of the Corps, has approved the subject named results. Per refs (A) through (D), all selected Marines are tentatively assigned to attend a 10-week Officer Candidates Class (OCC). Selection and assignment to OCS will be dependent on medical qualification approval by the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED). The below-named Marines are tentatively selected to attend OCC 227 which convenes 6 January 2018 per ref (E).
Name PMOS MCC
Armstong, Kadesh D. 5974 052
Bealefeld IV, Frederick H. 6317 VF2
Beaver, Edward N. 0451 S5L
Beck, Danielle V. 3451 087
Bouye, Travis J. 0861 D35
Bratcher, Noah S. 0300 KAL
Brown, Abram E. 2871 15H
Brown, Daniel P. 0511 QAQ
Carrera, Nestor R. 5524 1FX
Carrillo, Jorge E. 3043 1NP
Chacon, Carlos B. 0111 902
Chavez, Diego 6672 1J0
Chilton, Mark R. 0365 KAL
Clemenson, Daniel C. 0861 C97
Corona Jr., Marty R. 0369 1FZ
Dellaperuta, Daniel X. 3531 198
Dudley, Christopher W. 6672 1JY
Escobedo, Christopher M. 2862 226
Flores, Hector M. 0111 R21
Grady, Taylor M. 0411 SD3
Hansen, Jacob G. 3451 057
Hegedus, Jonathan M. 0621 SGB
Hollis, John M. 7257 1QF
Hunter, Michael T. 4821 012
Jackson, Brandon T. 6154 MC8
Jones, Zachary W. 6483 040
Kay, Brandon A. 0311 V22
Kim, Richard J. 0659 1QA
Lebron, Robert R. 0111 MC9
Lewis, Stephen C. 0351 TSR
Martin II, Charles E. 2621 818
Mcguire, Marquis J. 6492 S3B
Miller, Caleb G. 0111 015
Morton, Taylor M. 4341 914
Niederer, Jacob A. 0351 924
Ochoamancinas, Saul 6176 1TC
Ortizmorales, Luis E. 6042 042
Owens, Roneshia D. 6672 994
Payne, Eric M. 4821 MOB
Pinel, Jose A. 6048 041
Powell, David A. 0481 1Y5
Rector, Michael W. 0365 KAG
Rhodes III, David N. 6124 1JU
Shoemaker, Austin L. 6672 1JT
Sloan III, Leonard R. 3043 948
Starcher, Nicholas N. 5821 1SJ
Summers, Stephen M. 0111 077
Sweat, Vinceint P. 0111 E86
Vanmeerbeke, Jamie L. 0612 1G9
Welch, Shawn A. 0621 1EN
Young, Marquette T. 2021 1FY
Name PMOS MCC
Ambridge, Scott T. 3043 E78
Bradley, Matthew I. 7041 027
Commins, John T. 6314 1J2
Curran III, Joseph F. 0351 V22
Ferris, Daniel C. 5811 036
Field, Robert W. 5811 013
Gilsdorf, Joseph D. 2862 1EH
Gurung, Brint R. 4821 19F
Hall, Lecia T. 1371 1CJ
Harper III, Russell C. 0511 029
Hoffman, Ryan C. 6173 1TE
Hosford, Brandon J. 3044 063
Jimenez, Elias R. 6154 027
Kelly, Brandon W. 0211 1F8
Kreitzer, Matthew R. 0241 116
Lagioia, Joseph N. 3432 017
Liput, Justin J. 2862 1PG
Louzaurossello, Randolph L. 0811 1NA
Mcmindes II, Randolph D. 6154 MC8
Method, Mary M. 0111 T43
Miller, Brannon J. 1142 R06
Nowak, Andrew M. 2171 KAP
Phelps, Nathan A. 0311 038
Sanchez, Mario L. 3432 091
Sisk, Tessa R. 7257 G91
Stewart, Rebecca L. 5711 122
Whelan, Brandon M. 0629 1MX
Yoder, David W. 0231 143
Name PMOS MCC
Schultz, Kimberly L. 3043 HAB
2. Non-selects. Marines who were not selected refer to chapter 1 of ref (A). MCRC cannot provide reason for non-selection, however for questions on how to better prepare your package please contact Capt Bowers at 703-784-9446.
3. To ensure your Marine is prepared for this next chapter in their careers, it is highly recommended they be assigned a Company Grade Officer within your command as a mentor. This Marine Officer should assist with a physical training regimen that will prepare the Marine for the rigorous demands of OCS. Additionally, the Marine Officer should mentor the Officer Candidate to ensure they are aware of and prepared for the expectations at OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and life as a Company Grade Officer. Assistance and additional information can be found at website www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select Units, then Northeast, then OCS or TBS.
4. Point of contact (POC) information. Marines are directed to send their current POC information electronically to both the MCRC POC listed in paragraph 14 and the OCS POC listed in paragraph 15 and Ref (F), within one week from release of this MARADMIN. Email subject line must read “(Respective Program) Select POC information”. Marines are directed to use the E-O select POC information sample on the MCRC website at www.mcrc.marines.mil. Select Marine Officer, then Officer Naval/Enlisted Applicants. The E-O select POC information sample is located under General Information. Marines must submit the Microsoft Word version of POC format without signature. Any changes to POC sheet from the original submission, to include personnel changes, must be forwarded. Marines are directed to provide POC information for each level of their endorsing chain of command as directed on the POC sheet. Marines are also directed to notify their primary military occupational specialty monitor of their selection.
5. Selected AR Marines must be non-competitively augmented to the active component at the time of selection. To accomplish this, the AR select must initiate a Prior Service Enlisted Package to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) via their Career Planner to coordinate the augmentation per ref (D).
6. Commanders: refer to ref (A) chapter one for information pertaining to status change or removal recommendations of Marines. Marines who defer OCS or decline selection must forward a formal request, via their endorsing chain of command through the General Officer (GO) level, to CG, MCRC. Commands and Marines are directed to send a courtesy copy of the initial request electronically to MCRC POC pending receipt of all endorsements. All selectees are required to attend OCS within one year of selection, regardless of the reason for deferment. If a selectee is not shipped to OCS within one year, the selectee will be disenrolled from the program.
7. Medical. Marines must be determined medically qualified by BUMED per ref (G) prior to reporting to OCS. BUMED is the authorizing authority for determining Marines medically qualified for OCS. Marines and their commands are not permitted to contact BUMED directly. OCS class dates are tentative and subject to change. Refer to ref (A), Commanders Intent, pertaining to OCS opportunities. MCRC POC will notify Marines of their medical qualification status for OCC 227 once available by BUMED.
8. Pre OCS information.
a. Commanders and Marines are directed to use the OCS website referenced in paragraph three and the MCRC website referenced in paragraph four of this MARADMIN. For the OCS website, select the "Candidates Information" to prepare for OCS, and for pertinent OCS information.
b. Marines are directed to submit the pre-ship checklist located on the MCRC website, to the MCRC POC only by 6 December 2017 for OCC 227. Officers in Charge and Marines are to ensure all information on pre-ship checklist is completely filled out, to include PFT, height, weight, max weight, body fat percentage, and signatures.
c. A minimum PFT score of 220 is required for OCS induction per ref (C). PFT must be taken within 45 days of OCC convene date, and annotated in the PFT portion of checklist. Below are the PFT events requirements for males and females.
a. Pull ups minimum is 8 reps
b. Push ups minimum is 62 reps
c. Crunches minimum is 70 reps
d. 3 miles run minimum is 24 mins
a. Pull ups minimum is 1 reps
b. Push ups minimum is 34 reps
c. Crunches minimum is 70 reps
d. 3 miles run minimum is 27 mins
Please refer to paragraph 15 for POC information.
d. All "yes" answers to questions four through nine on the checklist that have not been previously disclosed or waived by MCRC must include a signed applicable form or detailed handwritten statement explaining events, to include supporting documentation per ref (D).
e. If question 29 on the checklist is marked "no", the Marine's Security Officer must provide supporting documentation as directed per chapter one of ref (A).
9. Funding. MECEP and ECP Marines determined medically qualified will be notified and will receive a funding letter from the MCRC POC, to provide to their parent command to issue Temporary Additional Duty orders to attend OCS. All questions concerning funding, should be directed to the MCRC POC. AR Marines must submit an updated copy of their basic individual record to verify their component before a funding letter can be provided. RECP and MCP-R Marines determined medically qualified will be notified by MCRC POC and should then contact Reserve Affairs (RIT) at commercial (703) 784-0580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for orders writing instructions. All scheduled Marines are directed to forward electronically, a complete copy of flight itinerary if flying, respond "privately owned vehicle" (POV) or "drop off to OCS by (relationship to candidate)", regardless of the status of orders. Scheduled Marines must also provide a copy of approved Defense Travel System orders with line of accounting and itemized printout of daily costs to MCRC POC. Scheduled Marines on local non-funded travel must provide command-endorsed orders. All above information must be received prior to reporting to OCS.
10. Post OCS graduation. After graduation from OCS, Marines will report back to their parent command. All claims for travel reimbursement must be completed upon return to parent command or directed duty station. Upon verification of graduation from OCS and receipt of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter with directed semester start outlined in ref (D), the MCRC POC will request permanent change of station (PCS) or permanent change of assignment (PCA) orders for MECEPs. MECEPs are not authorized to initiate any PCS or PCA moves before being issued orders. Upon submission of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter, MECEPs will receive PCS orders if at least 60 days before the NROTC-affiliated school report date. No exceptions will be made for this policy except for PCA moves. ECPs, RECPs, and MCP-Rs will receive PCS orders prior to departing OCS to execute from their parent command or directed duty station to TBS. MECEPs refer to refs (A) and (H) for obligated service and pertinent information. Questions pertaining to re-enlistments/extensions per ref (H) should be directed to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) at DSN 378-9235 or (703) 784-9235. MECEPs are directed to contact the Marine Officer Instructor or Assistant Marine Officer Instructor at their desired NROTC-affiliated school listed at website www.nrotc.navy.mil. MECEPs are not authorized to attend graduate school. MECEPs are not authorized PCS moves to transfer to another college or university from which originally ordered, unless within the same consortium. Only NROTC-affiliated schools will be accepted. Waivers to attend non-NROTC-affiliated schools will not be entertained.
11. Additional information.
a. Marines are considered as officer candidates while attending OCS, and are entitled to pay and allowances commensurate with the enlisted grade shown on the original orders to OCS, but not less than that prescribed for a sergeant. Upon completion of training at OCS the original pay and allowances for corporals and below will be restored.
b. Officer candidates who are disenrolled and do not successfully graduate OCS will return to their parent command. MCRC POC will provide official notification of disenrollment with next course of action upon receipt of official disenrollment package from OCS.
c. Officer candidates are directed to use ref (F) and the OCS website listed in paragraph three, for specific requirements concerning arrival information, dress code, required gear, grooming, fitness reports, medical requirements, administrative requirements, PFT scoring and fitness preparation until the Winter 2018 guidance is released.
d. Officer candidates are required to participate in training for a minimum period of four weeks, unless sooner disenrolled for cause, before any voluntary request for disenrollment will be considered. The CO, OCS is authorized to effect involuntary disenrollment for cause during any phase of training.
12. Officer candidates must ensure prior to departing OCS that they obtain their medical and record books (if applicable).
13. As a reminder and per refs (D) and (I), the next selection board application deadline is 1 December 2017. The third board will convene 2 March 2018. No extensions will be entertained. Marines or commands that cannot meet the established application deadline must apply to the next available board per ref (D).
14. The MCRC POC for this MARADMIN is Ms. Troi Spencer. Please refer to POC information at the beginning of this MARADMIN for telephone number or email email@example.com.
15. The OCS POC is Captain Justin Hanson at commercial (703) 784-3223, or email OCS_CSA@usmc.mil.
16. This Maradmin is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
17. This Maradmin is cancelled 1 April 2018.
18. Release authorized by Major General Paul J. Kennedy, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//