FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) INDIVIDUAL MOBILIZATION AUGMENTEE (IMA) PROGRAM MANNING LEVELS
Date Signed: 10/30/2017
MARADMINS Number: 606/17
R 302040Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18)INDIVIDUAL MOBILIZATION AUGMENTEE (IMA) PROGRAM MANNING LEVELS//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MARADMIN 635/14, FY15 IMA PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND MANNING REVIEW. REFERENCE (B) IS MARADMIN 535/15, FY16 IMA PROGRAM MANNING LEVELS. REFERENCE (C) IS MCO 1001.62A, IMA PROGRAM.//
POC/A. D. BELL II/LTCOL/IMA OIC (RAM-3)/COMM: (703) 784-0537/EMAIL: ALVIN.BELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/F. A. GIVANS/MSGT/IMA SNCOIC (RAM-3)/COMM: (703) 784-0532/EMAIL: FITZPATRICK.GIVANS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To promulgate IMA authorized manning (AM) levels, effective 1 October 2017.
2. This MARADMIN supersedes reference (b).
3. Background. The combined FY15 Active Reserve (AR) and IMA Structure and Manning Review Board held on 23-27 February 2015 approved FY18 AM allocations.
a. Reserve Affairs Division (RA) will:
(1) Provide FY18 AM allocations by unit under separate correspondence.
(2) Load AM allocations in the Inventory Development and Management System (IDMS) application in the Requirements, Transition and Manpower Management System and on the IMA Billet Identification Code (BIC) report.
(3) Adjust percentage of allowed AM during the last year, if required, to ensure the program is within allowable end strength.
b. Commands authorized IMA structure will:
(1) Advertise all billet vacancies and projected losses (within the next six months) in IDMS, to at least 110 percent of AM. Failure to advertise BICs to this level will result in AM redistribution.
(2) Identify requirements beyond the AM provided, in writing, to CMC (RA). CMC (RA) will review program requirements and reallocate unused AM as the needs of the Marine Corps dictate, based on IMA program priorities in accordance with reference (a). Failure to maintain at least 100 percent of AM will result in AM redistribution.
(3) Not exceed AM by more than 10 percent (rounded up) by the end of FY18 without CMC (RA) approval.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the total force.
6. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//