DISSEMINATION OF “UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS AND UNITED STATES SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND CONCEPT FOR INTEGRATION, INTERDEPENDENCE, AND INTEROPERABILITY”
Date Signed: 12/19/2017
MARADMINS Number: 687/17
R 191432Z DEC 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/DISSEMINATION OF “UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS AND UNITED STATES SPECIAL OPERATIONS COMMAND CONCEPT FOR INTEGRATION, INTERDEPENDENCE, AND INTEROPERABILITY”//
POC/DUCAR/LTCOL/MARINE CORPS WARFIGHTING LABORATORY/FUTURES DIRECTORATE, CONCEPTS/TEL/DSN: 378-1595 OR COML: (703) 784-1595//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commandant of the Marine Corps and the Commander, United States Special Operations Command approved the United States Marine Corps and United States Special Operations Command Concept for Integration, Interdependence, and Interoperability (USMC/USSOCOM Concept for I3).
2. The purpose of the USMC/USSOCOM Concept for I3 is to provide a broad framework through which the USMC and USSOCOM can improve institutional and operational cooperation.
2.A. The ideas put forth in this concept require further synchronization, training, testing and evaluation through detailed wargaming, experimentation, and exercises. Of particular importance will be the identification of convergences in training events and exercises that support USMC – USSOCOM joint training requirements and readiness objectives.
2.B. The ideas and recommendations fostered through these actions will generate changes to doctrine, organization, training, materiel, leadership and education, personnel, facilities, and policy (DOTMLPF-P) and influence operational planning and execution of integrated operations across the globe.
3. The USMC/USSOCOM Concept for I3 is a key driver for ensuring the hard-fought insights and best practices gained from years of warfighting side-by-side are not lost to the march of time and the fade of institutional memory.
4. Widest dissemination of this document across the Marine Corps is directed.
5. “United States Marine Corps and United States Special Operations Command Concept for Integration, Interdependence, and Interoperability” can be downloaded at “https:(slash)(slash)www2.mccll.usmc.mil/index.cfm?disp=COPS/COP_View.cfm&ssiteid=1017”. The classification of this document is unclassified.
6. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//