SOLICITATION OF ACTION ITEMS FOR THE FITNESS ADVISORY COUNCIL
Date Signed: 3/16/2018
MARADMINS Number: 162/18
R 152208Z MAR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCCDC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION OF ACTION ITEMS FOR THE FITNESS ADVISORY COUNCIL//
REF/A/FITNESS ADVISORY COUNCIL CHARTER REF/B/MARADMIN 147/17 NARR/REF/A/IS THE MARINE CORPS FITNESS ADVISORY COUNCIL CHARTER. REF/B/IS ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FORCE FITNESS DIVISION IN TRAINING AND EDUCATION COMMAND.//
POC/BOWDEN, TRAVIS, W./GS-13/FFD/COMM 703-432-0168/EMAIL: TRAVIS.BOWDEN1@USMC.MIL//
POC/HECOX, PATRICK, H./MAJ/FFD/COMM 703-784-3087/EMAIL: PATRICK.HECOX@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To solicit innovative physical fitness program ideas and recommendations from across the Marine Corps for the Fiscal Year 2018 (FY18) Fitness Advisory Council (FAC). This includes, but is not limited to, recommendations and ideas surrounding the Physical Fitness Test, Combat Fitness Test, Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, Force Fitness Instructor Program, Marine Corps Water Survival Training Program, and military occupational specialty specific physical standards. Inputs to enhance related areas such as education on performance nutrition and active recovery are sought as well. All submissions will be considered by the FAC.
2. Background. Innovative thinking has long been a hallmark of the Marine Corps and today's environment requires greater innovation and creativity. Established in March 2017 (Reference B), the Force Fitness Division (FFD) was designed to serve as the service level lead in all aspects of physical fitness and injury mitigation. The FAC will enable the FFD to better support the components of the Marine Corps Physical Fitness Program (MCPFP) by leveraging health and fitness resources, emerging physical fitness technologies, and best practices from physical fitness training and educational organizations.
3. Beginning 1 March 2018, Marines will have the opportunity to provide feedback, recommendations, and ideas for improving the MCPFP. Submit feedback, recommendations, and ideas via the online module on the FFD webpage at: http://www.fitness.marines.mil. The deadline for submission is 27 April 2018. Point of contact information must be provided in submissions, hard copies will not be accepted.
4. Inputs received will be discussed at the FY18 FAC. Individuals can submit more than one idea.
5. Additional instructions for FAC participants will be sent via separate correspondence.
6. Questions concerning FAC action item submission can be directed to the points of contact.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command.//