CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2017 MARINE CORPS GROUND SAFETY AWARDS
Date Signed: 2/12/2018
MARADMINS Number: 098/18
R 121355Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2017 MARINE CORPS GROUND SAFETY AWARDS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC SD/20MAY2010//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 5100.32A, MARINE CORPS GROUND SAFETY AWARDS PROGRAM//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the call for nominations for the 2017 Marine Corps Ground Safety Awards.
2. The Marine Corps Ground Safety Awards program provides recognition to commands and individuals for significant contributions and accomplishments in the field of safety and mishap prevention. Ref A provides award eligibility criteria and nomination format for each award. Recipients are recognized in the following categories.
a. Marine Corps Warrior Preservation Award; awarded to the Marine Corps installation that has established the most outstanding safety program.
b. Marine Corps Superior Achievement in Safety Award; an individual award presented to one officer, one enlisted, and one civilian Marine who has made the most significant contribution to their command safety program.
c. Marine Corps Achievement in Safety Award; awarded to one Marine Corps command in each category (groups I-IV) per Ref A that has established the most comprehensive safety program.
3. Nomination packages must be received by CMC Safety Division no later than 16 March 2018 to be considered.
4. Each nomination package should be in narrative style and contain the following:
a. A signed cover letter from the nominee's commanding officer providing endorsement of the nominee, the award category, and the name and phone number of a command point of contact.
b. Officer and enlisted superior achievement packages shall contain one 8x10 inch (high resolution) color photograph, head and shoulders view, in the service alpha uniform without cover.
c. A letter of endorsement from the first general officer in the chain of command.
5. Nomination package should contain original or high resolution documentation. Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered.
6. Submit packages via email to HQMC_SAFETY_DIVISION@USMC.MIL via DON TRACKER to HQMC_SD, or via USPS to; Commandant of the Marine Corps Safety Division Attn: GySgt Michael Milliner 701 S. Courthouse Road Building 12, Suite 2O050 Arlington, VA 22204-2462
7. The point of contact is GySgt Michael Milliner, Comm(703) 604-4463/DSN 664-4463 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. All qualifying nominees will automatically be considered for the Department of the Navy Safety Excellence Awards for Marine Corps Ground Safety.
9. Release authorized by Major General Frederick M. Padilla, Staff Director, Headquarters Marine Corps.//