2018 MARINE CORPS ENGINEER AWARD (MCEA) RECIPIENTS
Date Signed: 7/12/2018
MARADMINS Number: 390/18
R 121530Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN, USMTF, 2007/CMC L LP WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2018 MARINE CORPS ENGINEER AWARD (MCEA) RECIPIENTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN 059/18/CMC WASHINGTON DC//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1650.61 CH 1//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN REQUESTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE SUBJECT AWARDS PROGRAM. REF B IS MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS AWARDS PROGRAM (MCILAP) POC/ GAREY A. TUCKER/ MGYSGT USMC/UNIT: LPE/TEL: 571-256-7159/EMAIL: GAREY.TUCKER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commandant of the Marine Corps takes pleasure in congratulating the following individuals/units who were selected as recipients of the 2018 MCEA annual awards in the categories indicated. Awards will be presented during the annual Marine Corps Engineer Association Awards Banquet at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, San Diego, CA on Friday, 28 September 2018. Read in three columns:
Award Winner Unit
Combat Engineer Officer Capt Kyle M. Zenor 7th ESB
Combat Engineer SNCO SSgt Travis J. Romenesko 1st CEB
Combat Engineer NCO Cpl David R. Ricketts CLD-5
Combat Engineer Marine LCpl Angel R. Garcia 1st CEB
Engr Equipment Officer CWO4 Craig S. Polley 6th ESB
Engr Equipment SNCO GySgt David W. Hamaker CLB 8
Engr Equipment NCO Sgt Jose U. Orozco CLD-5
Engr Equipment Marine LCpl Marc A. Jellison CLD-5
Utilities Officer CWO2 Benny S. Lane MWSS 372
Utilities SNCO SSgt Luis Larios 9th COMM
Utilities NCO Sgt James M. Berrinishaner 8th ESB
Utilities Marine Cpl Jecika M. Rico MWSS 372
Bulk Fuel Officer CWO3 Christopher G. Campbell MWSS 373
Bulk Fuel SNCO SSgt Ross G. Woolard MWSS 274
Bulk Fuel NCO Cpl Jared H. Vanderlaan CLB-4
Bulk Fuel Marine LCpl Abirl A. Garciaquirino 7th ESB
EOD Officer CWO2 Bernard J. Coyne 9th ESB
EOD Technician GySgt Edward J. Connor CLD-5
Combat Engineer Battalion 1st CEB 1st Mar Div
Engineer Support Battalion 6th ESB 4th MLG
MWSS Engineer Company Engineer Company, MWSS 373 3d MAW
2. Discounted rates for attendees at the Crowne Plaza San Diego Hotel are available upon request. The Room rate is 112 dollars (24-30 Sep 2018) phone number (619) 297-1101. Room reservations cut-off date for discount is 6 Sep 2018, tell the staff you are with the MCEA to obtain the discount. There is a five dollar daily hotel parking fee for personal or rental vehicles at this hotel.
3. For pre-registration questions, contact Marine Corps Engineer Association President Major Charlie Dismore, USMC (Ret) at 512-394-9333 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration details, itinerary and the mandatory pre-registration form for all attendees (including award recipients and their guests) are available at the MCEA website: www.marcorengasn.org/Reunions/2018Reunion (2018 MCEA Reunion Page). All personnel attending must pre-register prior to 6 Sep 2018. Registration packets can be picked up at the Welcome Aboard Reception to be held 27 Sep 2018, 1730-1900 in the hotel or at the Awards Banquet, 1800 on 28 Sep 2018. The Society of American Military Engineers will cover the awards banquet expense for all award recipients plus one guest each. All attendees (including awards winners) must register and submit their registration form. Award winners desiring to attend the Welcome Reception on 27 Sep 2018 or the Miramar Air Show on 29 Sep 2018 must pay the fees for those events with their registration. Other family and guests must submit their registration form and pay event fees with their registration. Instructions for event payment are on the bottom of the registration form.
4. Award recipients/unit representatives desiring to attend the reunion/awards banquet should arrive on 27 Sep 2018 and depart on 30 Sep 2018. Award recipients and/or unit representatives planning to attend only the awards banquet should arrive at the hotel no later than 1800 28 Sep 2018. Social hour commences at 1800 with the banquet at 1900. Family and guests are highly encouraged to attend.
5. Uniform requirements for the MCEA reunion are as follows:
6.A. Welcome aboard reception: Business casual.
6.B. MCEA business meeting: Business casual.
6.C. Awards dinner/presentation: Service Alpha/coat and tie for civilians
7. Per Ref B, commanders are responsible for orders and funding for their recipients and any other representatives authorized to travel to the award ceremonies.
8. Request commands notify MCEA POC via e-mail or phone no later than 25 Aug 2018 to confirm the attendance/non-attendance of the award recipient/unit representative at the reunion. For those award recipients unable to attend, provide mailing address and unit POC contact info so plaque and other information can be mailed. Request commands locally recognize the award winners for their extraordinary accomplishments through appropriate ceremonies. Photos may be provided to MCEA POC.
9. Feedback from the MCEA awards board provided the following: all nominees are very deserving of our respect and deserve special recognition. There were 104 individual and 8 unit submissions this year. Congratulations to all the nominees.
10. Release authorized by LtGen Charles G. Chiarotti, Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (L).//