REQUIREMENTS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE TRAINING
Date Signed: 7/12/2018
MARADMINS Number: 391/18
R 121650Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/REQUIREMENTS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE TRAINING//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/DOD INSTRUCTION 6495.02//
AMPN/REF A IS DOD INSTRUCTION 6495.02 SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE (SAPR) PROGRAM PROCEDURES.//
POC/C.HEIT/UNIT:MFC/-/TEL: 703-784-1247/EMAIL: CHRISTINE.HEIT@USMC.MIL//GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide requirements\for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) annual training.
2. Background. Reference (a) requires specific training across a Service Member’s career, to include annual, pre-deployment, accessions, and pre-command/senior enlisted SAPR training. SAPR training will continue to evolve to ensure that it builds positive skills tailored to the Marine’s rank and responsibility and includes the learning objectives outlined by the DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office.
3. SAPR Annual Training is a fiscal year requirement.
4. Only training curriculum created and approved by Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) SAPR will satisfy annual training requirements.
5. Sexual Assault Response Coordinators and SAPR Victim Advocates credentialed through the National Organization of Victim Assistance or HQMC SAPR personnel shall conduct trainings that meet annual training requirements.
6. SAPR Annual Training is as follows:
6.A. “Step Up” Bystander Intervention Training is required for Marines holding the ranks of Private, Private First Class, and Lance Corporal and are not in Recruit Training.
6.B. “Take A Stand” Bystander Intervention Training is required for all Corporals and Sergeants.
6.C. Pre-Deployment SAPR Training.
6.D. Professional Military Education (PME).
6.E. Pre-Command/Senior Enlisted Leader Training: must be taught by HQMC SAPR personnel to satisfy annual training requirements.
6.F. All-Hands SAPR Annual Training is required for those who do not receive SAPR annual training in one of the above listed venues.
7. Units are required to report the completion of SAPR annual training through Marine Corps Total Force System or Marine-On-Line Training Module using the following codes: SE (“Step Up” Bystander Intervention Training for Junior Marines); SB (“Take A Stand” Bystander Intervention Training for NCOs); AT (All-Hands Annual Training, SAPR Pre-Deployment Training, Pre-Command/Senior Enlisted Leader training, and PMEs).
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. This MARADMIN is cancelled 30 September 2019.
10. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//