FY19-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD
Date Signed: 11/8/2018
MARADMINS Number: 646/18
R 081609Z NOV 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM//
SUBJ/FY19-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1331.2K/YMD: 20031218//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/WGO 5320.2T/YMD: 20171108//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1331.2K, TRANSITION/CONVERSION (T/C) TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS. REF B IS 4TH MAW RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) SELECTED RESERVE AVIATION TRANSITION/CONVERSION RETRAINING PROGRAM. REF D IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2019 SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE UNIT RESERVE OFFICER RETENTION BONUS AND FORWARD AIR CONTROLLER/AIR OFFICER RETENTION BONUS.//
POC/J.M. MCCLENDON/MAJ/HQ 4TH MAW (G-1)/TEL: 504-697-7784/EMAIL: JOHN.MCCLENDON@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.R. BLASINGAME/MAJ/HQ 4TH MAW (G-3)/TEL: 504-697-7518/EMAIL: CASEY.BLASINGAME@USMC.MIL//
POC/M.A. REEL/MAJ/VMR BELLE CHASSE (S-3/TEL: 504-678-7442/EMAIL: MICHAEL.REEL@USMC.MIL//
POC/W.F. YOUSEFF/MAJ/VMR ANDREWS (S-3)/TEL: 240-857-0874/EMAIL: WILLIAM.YOUSSEF@USMC.MIL//
ALTERNATE POC/M.T. LEGENS/COL/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM/TEL: 223-9865/703-693-9865/EMAIL: MICHAEL.LEGENS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/Remarks/1. IAW reference (a), this MARADMIN announces the FY19-01 4th MAW OSA Selection Board. All eligible Naval Aviators who desire to fill Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) billets with Marine Transport Squadrons (VMR) Belle Chasse, LA and Andrews, MD will be considered by this board.
2. The 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board is scheduled to convene on or about 1 Dec 2018. Deadline for applications is 29 Nov 2018. Applications received after this date regardless of reason, or incomplete packages will not be considered.
3. Eligible Officers:
a. Reserve (SMCR, Individual Mobilization Augmentee, or Individual Ready Reserve) Naval Aviators: Captains, Majors, and Lieutenant Colonels must have less than 16 satisfactory years credit towards a reserve retirement as of 31 May 2019 and be able to complete 18 satisfactory years within 24 years of commissioned service. Lieutenant Colonels may not have a mandatory removal date earlier than 30 June 2023. Captains who have been passed over for promotion to Major in the Ready Reserve are ineligible. Reserve Aviators must affiliate within 30 days of selection results message. An EAS does not need to be established prior to the board convening.
b. Active Component Naval Aviators: must have less than 16 satisfactory years credit towards a Reserve retirement and must establish in writing from HQMC (MMOA) after board conclusion, an EAS and be able to affiliate with the program NLT 1 Jun 2019.
c. All Naval Aviators must have a minimum of 1,000 flight hours total time with a strong background in instrument flying.
4. All openings reflect the needs of the service and will be filled on a competitive/best qualified basis. Favorable consideration will be given to applicants who currently have completed a three-year tour in an SMCR flying unit. An officers record of service in the SMCR, past performance, and potential for future participation in the Reserve Component will be considered. Proximity to drilling site, ease of commute, and/or willingness to relocate will be favorably considered.
5. Favorable consideration will be given to the following MOS: 7509, 7523, 7543, 7562, 7564, and 7566.
6. Individuals selected will be contractually obligated to serve with VMR for a minimum of four years after completing civilian approved contractor training (i.e., Training and Readiness Core Skill Introduction Phase). Early removal from VMR is at the discretion of the individual commander based on performance and participation. Individuals selected for OSA units are expected to deploy for a minimum of (2) 90 day periods during the four year obligation. Drill schedule, annual training, and aircraft qualification training will be IAW current unit Standard Operating Procedure and will require a minimum of five days of active participation each month. Additionally, individuals selected will be required to attend up to 11 weeks of Active Duty Training (ADT) for UC-35 training or up to 12 weeks of ADT for UC-12 training within six months of selection.
7. Applications are not accommodated from individuals who have been previously selected for TC training (e.g., CH-53 to AH-1W); are medically disqualified for duties involving flying; or had their flight status revoked. Applicants who were considered and not selected by previous selection boards and desire to be considered by the FY19-01 4th MAW OSA Aviator Selection Board are required to submit new packages.
8. Application Requirements:
a. Applicants are to follow reference (b) for submission of packages and will include a 4th MAW application for membership in the SMCR that can be found at http:www.marforres.marines.mil/Major-Subordinate-Commands/4th-Marine-Aircraft-Wing/Officer-Opportunities/. Include all fitness reports in your OMPF and a copy of your current medical evaluation for flight status. No sponsorship application is required. Applicants must also acknowledge via a Statement of Understanding within their application that they accept a four-year drilling obligation for TC to the UC-12 or UC-35,and that they must deploy for (2) 90 day periods during the four year obligation. This obligation will begin upon the completion of TC training. If TC is completed for both airframes the drilling obligation may be extended for up to a total of five years, and will begin upon completion of training for the second airframe. Applicants currently assigned to a flying billet should include an endorsement from their commanding officer. Letters of recommendation, particularly from individuals with whom the applicant has served in a flying unit, are encouraged and should be scanned with the application. Applicants may also present letters to the board president with their application.
b. A digital (pdf) copy of the entire package shall be uploaded NLT 29 Nov 2018 2359 CST to the secure 4th MAW SharePoint website: https:(slash)(slash)mfrsharepoint.mcdsus.mcds.usmc.mil/msc/maw/g1/sitepages/OSAHB.aspx. A CAC is not required to use the website, and anyone may download to the site but only G-1 Marines have access to open your documents and keep your information secure. All documents will be removed from the site after the board is complete. Note: Adobe Acrobat pdf format is the only accepted means of digital submission for the application. Late or incomplete packages will not be considered.
c. Label all pdf files with lastname.first.desired aircraft (e.g. Foss.Joe.UC-35) for tracking purposes. If multiple pdf files are submitted, label files as 1 of xx (e.g., Foss.Joe.UC-35 part 1 of 4).
9. Selection Board results will be announced by MARADMIN at the earliest possible date after the conclusion of board proceedings.
10. Naval Aviators are reminded that 4th MAW has open DIFOP and DIFDEN billets with other SMCR units. In addition, eligible Naval Aviators are reminded of the Fiscal Year 2019 Selected Marine Corps Reserve Unit Reserve Officer Retention Bonus and Forward Air Controller Air Officer Retention Bonus, reference (d).
Names and locations of Tactical Squadrons seeking aviators follow:
HMH-773/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/TEL: 609-562-8711
HMLA-773(Det A)/ JRB New Orleans, LA/ TEL: 504-940-4905
HMLA-773(Det B)/ JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ/ TEL: 609-562-8711
HMLA-775/ MCAS Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 682-249-6972
MATSG-42/SAU/ Pensacola, FL/ TEL: 850-240-8578
VMFA-112/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2718
VMFT-401/ MCAS Yuma, AZ/ TEL: 928-210-6547
VMGR-234/ JRB Fort Worth, TX/ TEL: 817-782-2901
VMGR-452/ Stewart ANG Base Newburgh, NY/ TEL: 845-563-2905
VMM-764/ MCAS Miramar, CA/ TEL: 682-309-1165
VMM-774/ NAS Norfolk, VA/ TEL: 757-444-7818
VMU-4/ Camp Pendleton, CA/ TEL: 760-763-4968
11. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Steven R. Rudder, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//