2018 LOGISTICS INNOVATION CHALLENGE RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT
Date Signed: 12/4/2018
MARADMINS Number: 683/18
R 030253Z DEC 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L LP WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2018 LOGISTICS INNOVATION CHALLENGE RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT//
AMPN/REF A IS MARADMIN 443/18, PROVIDING THE INITIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2018 LOGISTICS INNOVATION CHALLENGE//
POC/MINER, ROY/LTCOL/HQMC, NEXLOG/TEL: 571-256-2740/EMAIL: ROY.MINER@USMC.MIL//
POC/WALSH, JENNIFER/CTR/HQMC, NEXLOG/TEL: 757-469-9315/EMAIL: JENNIFER.WALSH.CTR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message serves to announce the winners for the 2018 Logistics Innovation Challenges for Mobile Applications. 39 innovative proposals were submitted by Marines, Sailors, and Civilians across the Department of Defense. The Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (DC, IL) was extremely impressed by the quality and ingenuity of the submissions. The chosen winners will now have the opportunity to work with partners with in the Marine Corps and Department of Defense partners.
2. Selection Process. Winners for the Data Driven Logistics (D2L) and the General Logistics were chosen by popular vote from registrants and based upon the criteria described in Ref A. The DC Choice was chosen by LtGen Charles Chiarotti, Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics.
3. Participant and Winner Way Ahead. All participants and winners will receive recognition for their hard-earned contributions to the 2018 Logistics Innovation Challenge via a Letter of Appreciation. Challenge winners will work on their ideas with partners such as MD5 and the MLGs to further development, testing, and implementation. Challenge winners will also have an opportunity to interact with senior Marine Corps leaders to discuss their ideas and how to implement them. Challenge winners will be recognized in official Marine Corps media channels and publications such as Marines.mil and the Marine Corps Facebook page. Winners will be contacted immediately upon release of this message.
4. Challenge Winners. Congratulations to the 2018 Logistics Innovation Challenge winners. These submissions were rated highly and selected for development.
Name Rank Unit Idea Title
Blankenbeker, Michael Capt MCLOG D2L USMC Supply Chain
Gage, Mackenzie 1stLT MARFORCOM General Logistics
Humans over Hardware
Spangenberg, Kirk LtCol HQMC PR DC, IL Choice
Bednar, Stan Maj HQMC I&L
Fincher, Jason Maj HQMC OAD
Spaeder, Leo Maj MCWL
Arellano, Mario Capt CLR 15
5. Funding. DC, IL will support all travel costs and funding for Logistics Innovation Challenge winners.
6. Release authorized by LtGen Charles G. Chiarotti, Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics.//