MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD NEW BOARD MEMBERS FOR CY19-21
Date Signed: 1/7/2019
MARADMINS Number: 004/19
R 041750Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD NEW BOARD MEMBERS FOR CY19-21//
AMPN NARR/REFERENCE A IS SECNAVINST 5420.170L, THE NATIONAL NAVY AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARDS, REFERENCE B IS MCO 5420R.8H, THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD. REFERENCE C IS MARADMIN 282/18 WHICH SOLICITS APPLICATIONS FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2019-2021 MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD (MCRPB). REFERENCE D IS THE ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVYS APPOINTMENT OF BOARD MEMBERS TO THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE POLICY BOARD CALENDAR YEAR 2019.//
POC/KAYS, A./LTCOL/DASN(MMP)/-/TEL: 703-693-0242/EMAIL: AMELIA.B.KAYS@NAVY.MIL//
POC/MASON, J.R./MAJ/CMC RAP-1/COMM 703-784-9138/JOSEPH.MASON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the new member selection for the CY 2019 through 2021 MCRPB.
2. Background. The MCRPB is established per reference (b) to make recommendations to the SECNAV on matters that affect the readiness, mobilization, and deployment capability of the Marine Corps Reserve. The MCRPB is required by law to meet annually in Washington, DC, and at various other locations, as necessary. Membership of the MCRPB is appointed to provide a broad representation of the Total Force. The board consists of a total of 18 members of which there are 14 officers and 4 enlisted. Reference (c) contains additional information regarding the eligibility criteria for new members. In accordance with reference (d), appointed members are expected to serve a three calendar year term, and may resign, be relieved or replaced for the remainder of their term by a selected alternate in the year of their relief.
3. The Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) has approved the following personnel to serve as primary board members for CY18-20:
a. Lieutenant Colonel Guillermo Rosales USMCR
b. Major Jennifer K. Ledford USMCR
c. Captain Jamal D. Jones USMCR
4. The Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) has approved the following Marines to serve as alternate board members for CY18:
a. Major David A. Mabon USMCR
b. Major Kevin M. ODonnell USMCR
c. Major Jenna M. Seidel USMCR
5. The MCRPB would like to thank the other candidates that submitted packages for consideration. All participants not selected are encouraged to apply again for the CY20-23 board, the application process is tentatively scheduled to begin in August 2019.
6. Questions concerning the MCRPB may be directed to the POCs above.
7. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//