SOLICITATION - NOMINEES FOR MARINE CORPS ENLISTED AIDE PROGRAM NMOS 3372
Date Signed: 1/11/2019
MARADMINS Number: 022/19
R 102107Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC L LF//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION - NOMINEES FOR MARINE CORPS ENLISTED AIDE PROGRAM NMOS 3372//
REF/A/MSGID DOC/MCO 1306.18/YM: 20101021//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ENLISTED AIDE PROGRAM//
POC/G. J. SPINELLI/LTCOL/UNIT MCICOM G-4/-/TE 703-604-4170//
POC/E. B. BRAZIL/MGYSGT/UNITDC I and L/-/TEL 202-433-2523//
POC/B. S. BLANTON/MGYSGT/UNITMCICOM G-4/-/TEL 703-604-4159//
POC/C. T. HUGHES/MSGT/UNITDC I and L/-/TEL 202-433-2524//
POC/M. MAYFIELD III/MSGT/MMEA/MOS MONITOR/ 703-784-9250//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/ 1. Purpose This MARADMIN solicits nominees for selection to the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program (MCEAP).
2. Marine Corps Enlisted Aides are assigned to work for General Officers to relieve them of those tasks and details which, if performed by the officer, would be at the expense of the Generals primary military and official duties. Marine Corps Enlisted Aide duties include tasks that relate exclusively to the military and official responsibilities of those officers to which the aide is assigned. These duties include assistance in discharging official DOD social responsibilities inherent in certain Flag and General Officer positions.
3. The MCEAP is the program responsible for recruiting, selection, training, assignment and management of Marines assigned duty in government quarters and DOD Messes as required including the White House, SECDEF, CJCS, and SECNAV. Marines will be afforded the opportunity to attend some of the best culinary schools our nation has to offer including Advance Culinary, Enlisted Aide Course, Culinary Institute of America, Professional Bartending, and Wilton Cake Decorating.
4. Nominees must be volunteers and demonstrate an exemplary level of maturity, leadership, desire to attain culinary increased expertise, and a willingness to perform consistently at an executive level as Marine Corps Food Service Specialists.
5. The normal tour of duty in the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program will be no less than 36 months and usually no more than 60 months.
6. A panel of senior officer and enlisted food service experts will review all nominations and forward recommendations to the Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics (DC I and L) for consideration and approval.
7. Selectees will be temporarily assigned to the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program, at Marine Barracks Washington MBW, for a two week screening and evaluation prior to acceptance into the program. Upon confirmation of acceptance, Marines will be permanently assigned to MBW for training prior to assignment to General Officers quarters for duty.
8. Base, Station, and Operating Force Commanders shall use the following prerequisites to solicit volunteers and nominees
8.A. Must be a food service specialist PMOS 3381.
8.B. Active duty Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant.
8.C. Must be on the Second Term Alignment Program (STAP) or beyond
8.D. Must be eligible for reenlistment.
8.E. Must be PCS eligible to meet training timelines.
8.F. Must be PME complete in grade.
8.G. Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance.
9. Command Nominations. All nominations will be forwarded and endorsed by the first General Officer in the Marines chain of command.
10. Commanders shall submit nominations via naval correspondence and electronic mail to DC I and L. Packages for the nextMCEAP class must be received at DC I and L NLT 31 Jan 2019. Subsequent submission timelines will be promulgated via separate correspondence based on MCEAP recruitment requirements. Nomination packages will consist of the following
10.A. Administrative Action Form NAVMC 10274.
10.C. SRB PAGES 3,11,12.
10.E. Official Photograph, Service C.
10.F. Professional Biography stating nominees experience and work history.
10.G. Professional Certifications.
10.H. Independent Duty Screening Checklist and Financial Worksheet.
10.I. Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Questionnaire.
10.J. Certification of Security Clearance letter
11. All packages will include the nominating units address, point of contact, and phone number (COMM/DSN). Packages must be digitally submitted to the Senior Enlisted Advisor of the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program Master Gunnery Sergeant Brazil at elsy-rose.brazil at usmc.mil.
12. Food Service Officers and Food Technicians throughout all bases, stations, and in the operating forces will educate food service Marines on the importance and elements of the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program and aggressively assist in recruiting the highest quality Marines for the program accordingly.
13. Release authorized by LtGen Charles G. Chiarotti Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//