HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 ALL-MARINE TRIATHLON TEAM
Date Signed: 2/6/2019
MARADMINS Number: 074/19
R 061924Z FEB 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 ALL-MARINE TRIATHLON TEAM//
POC/J. MEDLEY/CIV/MFS/-/TEL: COML (703) 784-5779/TEL: DSN 278-5779/TEL: FAX (703) 784-4125/EMAIL: MEDLEYJ@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. HQMC Semper Fit is seeking applications from Marines interested in participating in the 2019 All-Marine Triathlon Team. The All-Marine Triathlon Team consists of seven men, two men masters (40 years old and over), five women, and two women masters (35 years old and over) and will be chosen by application to compete at the Armed Forces Triathlon Championship. The Armed Forces Triathlon Championship will be held 18 – 23 June 2019 at NB Ventura County, CA. The Armed Forces Triathlon Championship format is a draft-legal Olympic distance race consisting of a 1500m swim, 40k bike, and 10k run. Marines selected to participate on the Armed Forces Triathlon Team will be eligible to compete at the Military World Games from 1 – 30 October 2019 in WuHan, China.
2. Interested Marines must submit an online application to HQMC MFS NLT 19 May 2019. The All-Marine online application system can be accessed from www.usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports. Marines must create an account before accessing the application system. Applications must contain command endorsement, and must include all competition results from the past two years (time, place finish, and event name). Team selections will be based on the most competitive/recent race times relevant to the Olympic distance triathlon. For any technical issues with the All-Marine online application system please contact POC.
3. To participate Marines are required to have a valid Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC), and an active Defense Travel System (DTS) account.
4. This is applicable to active duty only.
5. This message is cancelled on 27 August 2019.
6. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//