FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020 (FY19-FY20) RESERVE AFFAIRS MANAGEMENT (RAM) COMMAND VISIT ROADSHOW
Date Signed: 5/28/2019
MARADMINS Number: 311/19
R 281755Z MAY 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019-2020 (FY19-FY20) RESERVE AFFAIRS MANAGEMENT (RAM) COMMAND VISIT ROADSHOW//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1300.8/YMD: 20140918//
REF/B/DOC/RESERVE AFFAIRS (RA) ASSIGNMENT POLICY/20170607//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REFERENCE (B) IS THE RA ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/E. L. REDMON/MAJ/RAM-2 OFFICER IN CHARGE AND ACTIVE RESERVE CAPTAIN AND MAJOR 0102/4402/AVIATION MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0530/EMAIL: ERYN.REDMON@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. E. TROKEN/MAJ/ACTIVE RESERVE CAPTAIN AND MAJOR CSS AND CBT ARMS MONITOR AND OFFICER ACCESSIONS OFFICER IN CHARGE/TEL: (703) 784-0537/EMAIL: CHRISTOPHER.TROKEN@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. J. PATAKI/CWO5/ACTIVE RESERVE WARRANT OFFICER MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0524/EMAIL: MICHAEL.PATAKI@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. A. CAMPO/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 0111 AND SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0529/EMAIL: PHILIP.CAMPO@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. M. TORRES/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 0200-2100 MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0526/EMAIL: PAMELA.TORRES@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. BERNABE/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 3000-5711 MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0528/EMAIL: LUCIO.BERNABE@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. S. GULBRANSON/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 6000-6500 MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0527/EMAIL: ERIC.GULBRANSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. In preparation for the FY20 slating season, RAM will address individual and command concerns during the FY19-FY20 RAM Command Visit Roadshow.
2. Mission. From August 2019 to January 2020, RAM will visit designated locations to conduct a series of briefs, in-calls, staffing meetings, and interviews in order to update commands on manpower issues and assist Marines in making well-informed career decisions.
a. Intent. Provide commands with information pertaining to manpower management policies, assignments, opportunities to join the Active Reserve program, support talent management of Marines, and facilitate opportunities for Marines to discuss future assignments with their monitor.
b. Concept of Operations. RAM leadership, AR PMOS monitors, and the AR SDA monitor will travel to Marine Corps bases and Marine Forces Reserve sites across CONUS and OCONUS in order to facilitate interaction between RAM, unit leaders, and individual Marines. The roadshow visits will consist of in-calls with senior leaders, informational briefings, and personal interviews between Marines and their monitors.
c. Coordinating Instructions
(1) RAM Command Visit Roadshow Schedule (read in three columns):
Location Dates Host Unit
MCB Okinawa 13-14 August n/a
MCAS Iwakuni 15-16 August n/a
MCB/MCAS Hawaii 19-20 August n/a
Camp Lejeune, NC 25-26 September DPC/RSU-East
Virginia Beach/Norfolk, VA* 25-26 September VMM-774
Quantico, VA 2 October Reserve Affairs
Fort Dix, NJ 7-8 October MAG-49
Great Lakes, IL 9-10 October MACG-48
Newburgh, NY* 9-10 October VMGR-452
Fort Worth, TX 4-5 November MAG-41
Kansas City, MO 7 November CLR-4
New Orleans, LA 3-5 December HQ Bn, MFR
Orlando, FL 6 December CLR-45
Camp Pendleton, CA 6-7 January HMLA-775
MCAS Miramar, CA 8-9 January Site Support Miramar
Portland, OR 10 January 6th ESB
*Denotes only aviation monitors will be present
(2) Briefs. Briefs will be conducted on the first day of each site visit and will last approximately one hour. Attendance at the RAM brief by local reserve unit staff and all AR Marines is highly encouraged. Maximum participation is essential to facilitate the FY20 assignments process. Briefs will cover the assignments process, career progression within the AR, and manpower programs and policies.
(3) Individual Interviews. Individual interviews with the monitors will begin immediately after the briefs are complete. Sign-up sheets will be available at the RAM briefing location for all AR Marines seeking an individual interview with their monitor. Active Component or Reserve Component Marines interested in joining the AR program can coordinate an individual interview with a monitor to discuss the accession process.
4. Administration and Logistics
a. Administration. Host commands listed in paragraph 3c(1) must assign a site coordinator for each location. Site coordinators will execute detailed planning via separate correspondence with the RAM command coordinator, MSgt Campo.
(1) Funding. Reserve Affairs will fund all travel related expenses for the RAM command visit team. Units are responsible to fund expenses for Marines that intend to travel to the predesignated locations listed in paragraph 3c(1).
(2) Facilities. Host commands will provide adequate facilities to support the informational briefs and monitor interviews. The brief location requires audio/video support and the interview location requires internet connectivity and power.
5. Command and Signal
a. Site Coordinators. Serve as the primary point of contact for RAM command visit coordination. Upon release of this message, Site Coordinators shall contact the RAM Command Visit Roadshow coordinator, MSgt Campo, in order to facilitate site visit planning.
b. Network Access. Network access requirements will be coordinated separately with each Site Coordinator.
c. Phone and Printer Support. The RAM team will require one network printer and a DSN capable phone.
6. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//