FY18 RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 9/12/2017
MARADMINS Number: 506/17
R 121804Z SEP 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FY18 RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD RESULTS//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA/282034ZFEB17//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA /151625ZMAR17//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1300R.65C, RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING PROGRAM. REFERENCE B IS MARADMIN 102/17, CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB). REFERENCE C IS MARADMIN 129/17, CHANGE 1 TO THE CONVENING OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) RESERVE COMMAND SCREENING BOARD (RCSB) AND RESERVE SENIOR LEADER BOARD (RSLB).//
POC/ ALVIN D. BELL/LTCOL/RAM-4/TEL: 703-784-0537//
POC/BRENNETT FORD/CIV/RAM-4/TEL: 703-784-0523/EMAIL: RCSB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 14 August 2017, the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC MRA) convened the FY18 RCSB and RSLB. The purpose of command screening is to ensure that Marines receive the best possible leadership and to provide all eligible officers with a fair and equitable opportunity to command.
2. The board selected 29 officers for command and 10 officers for senior leader billets as primaries. To accommodate the assignment process and the availability of individual officers, 59 officers were selected as alternates and found eligible for command. The alternate list provides an adequate number of officers to meet the command requirements should a primary decline command or otherwise be unable to take command.
3. The quality of the Marines considered reaffirms that the Marine Corps continues to produce leaders of the highest caliber. The relatively small number of command billets available and the large number of eligible officers creates an exceptionally competitive process.
4. CMC has approved the following Reserve Colonel Command Slate. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS), with projected change of command (PCOC) date.
a. CO, 1st CAG, FHG, Camp Pendleton, CA, Valencia, John P. 1802, Feb 18.
b. CO, 2d CAG, FHG, Washington, D.C., Ready, David V. 8042, Aug 18.
c. CO, MATSG-42, 4th MAW, Pensacola, FL, Shortal, Matthew C. 8042, Mar 18.
d. CO, RSU Camp Lejeune, Camp Lejeune, NC, Corrado, Michael J. 8041, Jun 18.
e. CO, HQ Bn MARFORRES, New Orleans, LA, Miller, Torrens G. 8040, Jul 18.
5. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS, with projected billet start date.
a. Assistant DIV Commander, 4th MarDiv, New Orleans, LA, Konopka, Paul A. 8041, Feb 18.
b. Deputy Commander, 4th MLG, New Orleans, LA, Boone, Mark C. 8040, Jun 18.
c. Assistant Wing Commander, 4th MAW, New Orleans, LA, Anderson IV, Leonard F. 8042, Jul 18.
d. Sr Reserve Advisor, HQ 14th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Ft Worth, TX, Chambers, Stanton L. 8041, Mar 18.
e. Sr Reserve Advisor, MACG-48, 4th MAW, Great Lakes, IL, Dewar, Kyle R. 8041, Aug 18.
f. Sr Reserve Advisor, CLR-45, 4th MLG, Marietta, GA, Peterson, John F. 8040, Mar 18.
g. Sr Reserve Advisor, MAG-49, 4th MAW, JB Mcguire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Quirk, James M. 8042, Jan 18.
6. DC MRA has approved the following Senior Leader Assignments. These assignments are not designated as commanders and therefore, will not attend Cornerstone. Each billet is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS, with projected billet start date.
a. Regional Coordinator, RSP-1, FHG, Bell, CA, Deckert, Raquel L. 0602, Jul 18.
b. Regional Coordinator, RSP-2, FHG, Minneapolis, MN, Marble, Thomas F. 8040, Jul 18.
c. DC/S plans, JECC, USTRANSCOM, Norfolk, VA, Clark, Douglas K. 8041, Apr 18.
7. CMC has approved the following Reserve Lieutenant Colonel Command Slate. Each command is listed with title, unit, location, slate name, and PMOS with projected change of command date.
a. CO, 3d ANGLICO, FHG, Bell, CA, Knauer, Robert A. 0802, Apr 18.
b. CO, 6th ANGLICO, FHG, Concord, CA, Garner, Blair J. 7566, Feb 18.
c. CO, 6th Comm Bn, FHG, Brooklyn, NY, Ko, Henry H. 0602, Aug 18.
d. CO, 3d Bn, 23d Mar, 4th MarDiv, Bridgeton, MO, Curcio, Stewart A. 0302, Sep 18.
e. CO, 2d Bn, 24th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Chicago, IL, Temple, Patrick K. 0302, Sep 18.
f. CO, 2d, 25th Mar, 4th MarDiv Garden City, NY, Cummings, Clinton J. 0302, Sep 18.
g. CO, 3d Bn, 25th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Brook Park, OH, Haley Jr. Mark A. 0302, Nov 17.
h. CO, 4th Recon Bn, 4th MarDiv, San Antonio, TX, Stapleton III, Thomas D. 0202, Jul 18.
i. CO, 4th LAR Bn, 4th MarDiv, Camp Pendleton, CA, Colombero, John R. 0202, Aug 18.
j. CO, 5th Bn, 14th Mar, 4th MarDiv, Seal Beach, CA, Meisel, Douglas S. 0802, Jun 18.
k. CO, 4th Tank Bn, 4th MarDiv, San Diego, CA, Montgomery, Charles T. 1802, Mar 18.
l. CO, 4th AAV Bn, 4th MarDiv, Tampa, FL, Zukowsky, Sean E. 1803, Oct 17.
m. CO, HMLA-773, 4th MAW, JB Mcguire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ, Stempien, Brian D. 7565, Aug 18.
n. CO, VMFA-112, 4th MAW, Fort Worth, TX, Holloway, Christopher M. 7523, May 18.
o. CO, VMGR-234, 4th MAW, Fort Worth, TX, Pacheco, Steven A. 7557, May 18.
p. CO, MWCS-48, 4th MAW, Great Lakes, IL, Pate, Brian C. 0602, Jun 18.
q. CO, MWSS-471, 4th MAW, Minneapolis, MN, Hoffman, Matthew R. 0402, Jul 18.
r. CO, MWSS-473, 4th MAW, San Diego, CA, Perez, Elizabeth D. 0402, Sep 18.
s. CO, 6th ESB, 4th MLG, Portland, OR, Coleman Jr., Ronald C. 1302, Jun 18.
t. CO, CLB-451, 4th MLG, Charlotte, NC, Miller, Jason R. 0402, Jul 18.
u. CO, CLB-453, 4th MLG, Aurora, CO, Frye, Nathan H. 0402, Feb 18.
v. CO, VMR, Det Andrews, Joint Base Andrews, MD, Finn, Douglas
Y. 7563, May 18.
w. I-I, 1st CAG, FHG, Camp Pendleton, CA, Dillard, Keith B. 0402, Jun 18.
x. I-I, 2d CAG, FHG, Washington, D.C., Wunderlich, Erwin J. 0402, Jul 18.
8. Coordinating Instructions.
8.a. Acceptance, declination, and deferral. Primaries will receive a letter from CMC (RA) directing them to accept, decline, or request deferral of assignment in writing to CMC (RA) within 30 days of receipt of letter. Officers failing to respond within 30 days of receipt of their letter will be considered to have declined the slated billet. CMC (RA) will notify Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, of all declinations of command or senior leader billets.
9. The list of alternates will not be published via MARADMIN. The alternate list by EDIPI can be found by accessing www.manpower.usmc.mil. Under “Top Requests, ”select “Reserve Officer Command Screening.” On the right side of the screen, under “Documents,” select “FY18 RCSB Alternate List.” The list is only valid until the next RCSB/RSLB.
10. Officers slated to command will schedule their attendance to the Commandants Combined Commandership Program prior to, or shortly after, assuming command. The program consists of two courses conducted concurrently aboard MCB Quantico: a ten day commanders course and a 5 day spouses workshop. These courses are conducted semiannually. The courses will be conducted aboard MCB Quantico and the FY18 programs were announced in MARADMIN 492/17. Officers slated in paragraphs 5, 6, and 8 must schedule attendance at Cornerstone. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. Further info is available from MCU online at: http:(slash)(slash)www.mcu.usmc.mil. POC for the Commanders Course is Major Lisa Arocho at (703) 432-4710 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Upon assumption of command or senior leader billet, individual units will notify CMC (RA) via email on standard naval letterhead with the officer’s name, and date they assumed the billet. Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
12. All officers slated for command and senior leader billets, including all alternates, will receive a letter from CMC (RA) notifying them of selection. This letter will also be included in their Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).
13. Point of contact: LtCol A. D. Bell, RAM-4, DSN: 278-0537, COMM: (703) 784-0537, Email: RCSB@usmc.mil. Mr. B. Ford, RAM-4, DSN: 278-0523, COMM: (703-784-0523, Email: RCSB@usmc.mil.
14. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//