MARADMINS : 522/18
R 181750Z SEP 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/ FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) ACTIVE RESERVE CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARD//
NARR/NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 1650.39B, THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) COMBINED AWARDS PROGRAM. REFERENCE B IS MCO 1040R.35, THE RESERVE CAREER RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL. REFERENCE C IS MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REFERENCE D IS THE MCATS APPROVAL FROM MMPR ESTABLISHING A MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATION FOR THE ACTIVE RESERVE CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR.//
POC/K. L. BROWN/MGYSGT/UNIT: RESERVE AFFAIRS/-/TEL: COMM 703-784-0583/EMAIL: KEVIN.L.BROWN5@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the FY18 CMC Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year award.
a. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organization skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year award have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Reserve Affairs (RA) will convene the FY18 Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year board at Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, on or about 7 November 2018. Applications must be submitted to CMC (RA) no later than 2359 on 31 October 2018. Applications will be submitted by Marine Forces Reserve (G-1) via DON Tracker to CMC (RA) under the subject line labeled “FY18 AR Career Planner of the Year Nominations”. Applications submitted after the established deadline will not be considered by the board. Selection results will be published via a MARADMIN message.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve. Only one AR Career Planner nomination is permitted per Commanding General-level unit.
5. Eligible criteria.
(a) Not have been previously awarded CMC Career Planner of the Year.
(b) Must be in the rank of Sergeant or Staff Sergeant.
(c) Must hold the primary military occupational specialty of 4821 and have served in valid Career Planner billets for the entire fiscal year.
(d) Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General readiness inspection and received a mission capable rating within the previous 12 months.
(e) Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites.
(f) Must have a first class PFT and CFT
(g) Must be PME complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements (AR Career Planner of the Year nominee)
(a) Nomination letter from the command.
(b) AR Career Planner of the Year checklist.
(c) AR Career Planner of the Year data sheet.
(d) Standard digital promotion photograph.
(e) One page autobiography.
(f) Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and UPB if applicable.
(g) Copy of completed functional area checklist or staff assist visit documents with rating results.
7. An example of required documents are available for download via TFRS and DON Tracker.
8. Per Reference (d), only the Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year will be meritoriously promoted.
9. The Marine selected as the Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the CMC.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the HQMC awards processing system. The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read “Nominee for Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year 2018." A complete copy of the award recommendation (1650, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be forthcoming in a future MARADMIN. The Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year and their spouse are invited to attend the awards ceremony. All associated costs for travel, billeting, and per diem
for the Marine selected as Active Reserve Career Planner of the Year, and their spouse will be funded by the local command.
12. One nomination for an active component Career Planner serving within a Marine Forces Reserve unit can be considered utilizing the guidance within MARADMIN 489/18.
13. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//