MARADMINS : 534/18
R 221519Z SEP 18
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2007/CMC WASHINGTON DC C4(UC)/F002//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS COMPLIANCE WITH ENTERPRISE DIRECTORY SERVICES (EDS) MEMORANDUM//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MEMORANDUM MANDATING THE USE OF DOD ENTERPRISE DIRECTORY SERVICES (EDS) TO OBTAIN ENTERPRISE EFFICIENCIES AND
ENABLE SECURE INFORMATION SHARING.//
MARINE CORPS COMPLIANCE WITH ENTERPRISE DIRECTORY SERVICES//
POC/AARON M. BAUMAN/CWO2/MCCOG/TEL:703-432-6133/EMAIL: AARON.BAUMAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/MICHAEL M. TSANG/CIV/C4 /-/TEL:703-693-3488/EMAIL: MICHAEL.TSANG@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. PURPOSE. To comply with Enterprise Directory Services (EDS) memo "Mandating the use of DOD EDS" Dated 23 Jan 2013 (REF A), which mandates DOD entities to populate and maintain contact and organizational data in the Defense Manpower Data Center's (DMDC) Person Data Repository (PDR). This will allow all of DOD access to a common Global Access List (GAL).
2. BACKGROUND. Part of the Joint Information Environment (JIE) effort is to establish a common GAL. A key enabler for this is updated and accurate organizational and contact data for people discovery across the DOD community which was previously released in reference b.
3. POLICY. All Marines, civilian Marines, and contractors supporting the Marine Corps will update and maintain their organizational and contact data in milConnect NLT 31 October 2018. After 31 October 2018 all updates to GAL contact data for Marine Corps personnel will only be performed using milConnect. After 31 October 2018 the Enterprise Service Desk (ESD) and local helpdesks will no longer accept trouble tickets to update contact information. Any changes to GAL contact data done manually will be overwritten with the respective milConnect data.
4. EXECUTION. Marine Corps Cyberspace Operations Group will execute the synchronization of all data from milConnect to the Marine Corps Enterprise Network GAL on 1 November 2018. The accuracy of this data is dependent upon all Marine Corps personnel updating their information per paragraph 3.
5. INSTRUCTION. Personnel can update their organizational and contact data in milConnect at:
or following the instructions at:
6. Release authorized by Brigadier General L. M. Mahlock, Director, C4.//