MARADMINS : 623/18
R 011154Z NOV 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/2019 OUTREACH EVENTS//
POC/W. L. ROUNTREE/CAPT/MRA (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: WILLIAM.ROUNTREE@USMC.MIL//
or M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/MRA (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Throughout the year, the Marine Corps provides opportunities for Marines to attend a select list of outreach events to gain professional development, mentoring, and networking experiences. The Marine Corps has historically participated in these events for their positive reception by Marines and value in promoting diversity and inclusion.
2. For Command planning purposes, listed are the outreach events to which HQMC MRA (MPE) will sponsor registration and travel during FY19. Separate announcements will be released for each event containing participation details. Marines must go through their Commands for authorization to participate. The outreach events for the next year are:
a. Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) - Mentoring and Career Management Symposium (3-4 December 2018)
b. Black Engineer of the Year Awards with Stars and Stripes (7-9 February 2019)
c. Academy Women - Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) (23-25 April 2019)
d. Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) - National Leadership Training Program (NLTP) (13-16 May 2019)
e. Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) – National Training Program (NTP) (11-14 June 2019)
f. Women in Defense (WID) - National Conference (TBD June 2019)
g. Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) - Joint Womens Leadership Symposium (JWLS) (TBD June 2019)
h. National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) - National Convention (TBD July 2019)
i. Federally Employed Women (FEW) - National Training Program (NTP) (22-26 July 2019)
j. League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) - National Convention (10-13 July 2019)
k. National Montford Point Marine Association, Inc. (NMPMA) (TBD July 2019)
l. National Naval Officer Association (NNOA) (TBD August 2019)
m. Blacks in Government (BIG) - National Training Institute (5-8 August 2019)
n. Women Marine Association (WMA) - Biennial Convention and Professional Development Symposium (4-7 September 2020)
o. Latina Style - National Latina Style Symposium (TBD September 2019)
p. National IMAGE - National Training Program (NTP) (TBD September 2019)
q. Women of Color: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (WOC-STEM) (3-5 October 2019)
3. Event Dates are approximate. All events are subject to final approval and budget availability.
4. To propose additional outreach events or obtain additional information, contact the POCs. Proposals should include justification for Marine Corps-wide participation and all organizational contact information.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by BGen W. H. Swan, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//