1ST QTR FY-19 CMC'S INNOVATION CHALLENGE RESULTS
Date Signed: 1/8/2019
MARADMINS Number: 012/19
R 081430Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/1ST QTR FY-19 CMC'S INNOVATION CHALLENGE RESULTS//
REF/A/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/241614Z OCT 18//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/261934Z OCT 18//
AMPN/REF A IS MARADMIN 609/18, 1ST QTR FY-19 COMMANDANTS INNOVATION CHALLENGE. REF B IS MARADMIN 617/18, FY-19 COMMANDANTS INNOVATION CHALLENGES.//
POC/RYAN STEENBERGE/CAPT/MCRCO/-/TEL: 703-939-4853/EMAIL: RYAN.STEENBERGE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Congratulations to the winner and finalists of the 1ST QTR FY-1 Commandants Innovation Challenge. The Marine Corps Rapid Capabilities Office (MCRCO) received 31 submissions which included Marines, Sailors, and Government civilians.
2. Following this notification, the MCRCO will contact the challenge winner and finalists to discuss the process for advancement of their proposals.
3. The Innovation Challenge winner (name, rank, unit, idea title): John F. Campbell, LtCol, MARFORAF, Building Sea Denial Maneuver.
4. The challenge finalists (name, rank, unit, idea title):
4A. Eric F. Satterhwaite, 1stLt, 7th Engineer Support Battalion, Riverine Assault Integration.
4B. Ryan P. Holland, Capt, 3d Battalion/3d Marines, Pioneer Teams.
4C. Garrison J. Wetmore, 1stLt, 2d Battalion/1st Marines, Littoral Small Craft Squadron.
4D. Walker D. Mills, 1stLt, 2d Battalion/1st Marines, Littoral Small Craft Squadron.
4E. Robert E. Hoffler, LtCol, Joint Staff, Littoral Fuel Sustainment Platform.
4F. Tyler J. Moore, LtCol, USNORTHCOM, Alaska Opportunity.
5. Funding for travel involving the Innovation Challenge winner will be provided by DC CD&I.
6. Submissions not selected by the MCRCO will be available to appropriate Headquarters Marine Corps agencies for further consideration.
7. The next CMCs Innovation Challenge is sponsored by the Logistics Integration Division Capabilities Development Directorate and will be announced in January 2019. Details may be found in reference B.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General D. H. Berger, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//