MARADMINS : 037/19
R 181800Z JAN 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/ORGANIZATION FOR THE PROTECTION OF MARINE CORPS TECHNOLOGY//
REF/A/MEMO/UNIFYING EFFORTS TO PROTECT DON TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGE, 15 MAY 18//
REF/B/MEMO/ESTABLISHMENT OF THE PROTECTING CRITICAL TECHNOLOGY TASK FORCE, 24 OCT 18//
NARR/REF (A) IS ACMC DECISION MEMO ASSIGNING DC PPO AS THE HQMC LEAD FOR PROTECTING DON TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGE. REF (B) IS SECDEF MEMO ESTABLISHING THE PROTECTING CRITICAL TECHNOLOGY TASK FORCE (PCTTF).//
POC/PAUL LJUBA/CIV/HQMC PP AND O PS/-/TEL: 703-614-9485/EMAIL: PAUL.LJUBA@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Global competitors are attempting to negate U.S. military and technological advantages; threaten American resiliency, critical infrastructure, and supply chains; and encroach upon U.S. military testing and training areas. The Secretary of Defense is committed to countering these actions.
2. While reference (a) designates the Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies, and Operations (DC PP and O) as the lead for the Marine Corps to protect technology, this challenge is cross-cutting in nature and will require support from many Marine Corps organizations and commands.
3. DC PP and O (PS) will establish a Marine Corps Capability Protection Cell (MCCPC) that includes Subject Matter Experts from the protection, intelligence, cyber, information, plans, acquisition, special access, foreign disclosure, strategic communications or community relations, and capability development communities. Accordingly, the following organizations will be represented on the MCCPC:
3.a. DC CD and I
3.b. DC P and R
3.c. DC PP and O
3.d. DC I
3.e. DC I and L
3.g. Dir, OMCC
3.i. Counsel to CMC
4. Membership of the MCCPC will likely evolve as requirements are identified. The MCCPC will be governed by the Protection Executive Steering Group (P-ESG) which is the Protection Advocate's one star/ SES forum chaired by DC PP and O (PS). It will also inform other senior steering groups as necessary. The MCCPC will develop and update doctrine and policy, identify enabling requirements, and make recommendations to shape and protect acquisition, maintenance and sustainment efforts.
5. The MCCPC will support the efforts of the PCTTF established by reference (b) to include serving as the principal body for coordinating Marine Corps responses to the PCTTF. Additionally, the MCCPC will engage with the Navy Capabilities Protection Cell established by the Chief of Naval Operations to support a Department of Navy focused approach.
5. Organizations identified in paragraph 3 will provide names for the MCCPC to the POC above by 31 Jan 2019.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General B. D. Beaudreault, Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies, and Operations.//