MARADMINS : 057/19
R 310342Z Jan 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/NAVAL RESEARCH WORKING GROUP 19, 9-11 APRIL 2019, MONTEREY, CA//
REF/A/MSGID: NAVAL RESEARCH PROGRAM CHARTER/GO/FO/SES, MCWL/AUG2015//
AMPN/REF A IS THE NAVAL RESEARCH PROGRAM CHARTER.//
POC/FORBELL, DAVID/LTCOL/UNIT: NPS/TEL: (831) 656-2794/ EMAIL: NPS_NRP_POC@NPS.EDU//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This Marine administrative message announces Naval Research Working Group (NRWG) 19, from 9-11 April 2019 at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Monterey, California.
2. Per reference (a) (my.nps.edu/nrp/about), NRWG 19 will convene aboard NPS in order to provide operationally relevant research experiences to NPS faculty members; provide operationally relevant thesis opportunities to NPS students, and provide useful results from research projects and studies to topic sponsors across the Naval enterprise and in coordination with the Navy Analytic Office.
3. NRWG 19 participants include individuals from Navy and Marine Corps agencies who have research or analysis needs, as well as NPS students, faculty, and staff.
4. Topic sponsors should enter research topics in the topic portal on the NPS Naval Research Program (NRP) website as soon as possible but no later than 22 March 2019. An NPS login identification or Common Access Card is required to log in. The topic portal is located at my.nps.edu/nrp/topic-portal.
5. The NRWG will result in the development of Initial Research Estimate Forms. These forms are forwarded to the Navy Topic Review Board (TRB) for vetting and validation. The TRB will be coordinated via separate correspondence.
6. Working group sessions begin at 0730, 9 April 2019. Travel days will be Monday and Friday, 8 and 12 April 2019 respectively. For the detailed working group schedule, registration information, and other important administrative details see the Naval Research Program website at my.nps.edu/nrp/nrwg-19.
7. Conference exemption. This working group has been designated a Title 10 function and is therefore conference exempt. Further, it has been formally vetted and meets the exemption criteria in Section IV, paragraph 4.b. of Department of Defense Conference Guidance 4.0 document type definition 26 June 2016, as an internal agency business matter.
8. Release authorized by Major General William F. Mullen III, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//