MARADMINS : 066/19
R 050111Z FEB 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CDI WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 4TH QTR OF FY18 AND THE 1ST QTR OF FY19//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/R 271900Z AUG 18//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 4TH QTR FY18 AND THE 1ST QTR OF FY19. REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS).//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A.EVANS@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (A), this message announces the results of the Call for Studies for the 4th Quarter (QTR) FY18 and the 1ST QTR of FY19.
2. Tier I nominations are those considered appropriate, and meet the criteria provided in reference (B) as delineated by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration (DC, CD and I), these nominations will commence as studies as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound, but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g. refinement of study scope).
3. The level of analyst engagement and reduced funding precluded Operations Analysis Directorate (OAD) acceptance of more than one Tier I study. The following study nomination is Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
3.A. Analysis of the Utility of the Expeditionary Sea Base as a Limited Alternative Platform for Amphibious Operations (COM, MARFORCOM).
4. The following studies are Tier II:
4.A. Marine Corps Logistics Data Foundation (DC, I and L).
4.B. Combat Modeling and Simulation of Combat Active Replacement Factors (DC, I and L).
4.C. Methods to Achieve Tasked Readiness Objectives in Support of Support Management (CG, II MEF).
4.D. Cost-Benefit Analysis of Increased Reliance on Appropriated Funds in Marine and Family Programs Division (DC, M and RA).
4.E. Advancement Roadmap Toward USMC Big Data Analytics (DC, CD and I).
4.F. Logistics Vehicle Mix Study (DC, CD and I).
4.G. MAGTF Tactical Transportation of Bulk Fuel (DC, CD and I).
4.H. Marine Corps Enterprise Network Tools Analysis (DC, CD and I).
4.I. Tactical Motor Transportation Cargo Analysis (DC, CD and I).
4.J. Marine Corps Security Cooperation Group Assessment Process Improvement Study (CO, MCSCG).
5. The OAD government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email by the Director, External Analysis Division.
6. Marine Corps Commands and Activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the Marine Corps Studies System (MCSS) are required to notify OAD (C 19) of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD (C 19) for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: email@example.com.
7. Nominations may be submitted at any time, however, non-urgent requirements will be held until the next Studies Review Board (SRB).
8. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from the Director, External Analysis Division, Mr. James Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study nomination submissions, please visit http:(slash)(slash)www.mccdc.marines.mil/Units/OAD/Marine-Corps-Study-System.aspx.
9. Questions regarding the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: email@example.com.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General David H. Berger, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//