R 111956Z FEB 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY19 STAFF NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER (SNCO) ACADEMY FACULTY ADVISOR AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPER BILLET VACANCIES//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. POC/D.T. KOVATCH/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: DANIEL.KOVATCH@USMC.MIL//
POC/K.A. HOFFMAN/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9257/EMAIL: KURT.HOFFMAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/B.A. KIRALY/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9335/EMAIL: BRIAN.KIRALY@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.J. JOHNSON/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: CHRISTOPHER.J.JOHNSON@USMC.MIL//
POC/E.E. CAYSON/SGTMAJ/CEME/TEL: 703-432-4793/EMAIL: ERIC.CAYSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the billet vacancies for the FY19 SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer duties, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. The FY19 SNCO Academy selection board will accept applications for projected vacancies of Marine Corps SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer billets based on a recent review of the SNCO Academies listed below.
2.a. FY19 SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor vacancies exist at the following locations:
JAB Camp Pendleton, CA
JBF Camp Lejeune, NC
JBG Camp Butler, Okinawa
JBH Kaneohe Bay, HI
JBJ Twentynine Palms, CA
TZ8 Quantico, VA
2.b. All Curriculum Developer vacancies are located in Quantico, VA.
2.c. The Marines order of preference contained in the application will be considered by the SNCO Academy Board; however, a Marine must be willing to accept assignment to any SNCO Academy vacancy listed in this MARADMIN.
3. Tour Length. The normal tour length for a Faculty Advisor or a Curriculum Developer is 36 months, at the discretion of CMC (MMEA), in accordance with reference (a).
4. Eligibility requirements. Marines applying for SNCOA duty must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. All Staff Sergeants through Master Gunnery Sergeants are eligible for SNCO Academy duty.
4.b. Bachelors or Associates degree, previous instructor experience, or previous completion of instructor courses are preferred, but not required.
4.c. Marines must meet height and weight standards or be within body fat percentage limits.
4.d. Marines must conduct an interview with a local SNCO Academy Director prior to application submission. If Marines are not located within the local area of one of the Academies, the interview can be conducted remotely at the discretion of College of Enlisted Military Education (CEME).
4.e. Marines will update their official photo in their Official Military Personnel File prior to submission.
5. No later than 22 March 2019, Marines seeking to apply for this duty will fill out the survey and upload their completed application to: https:(slash)(slash)surveys.max.gov/index.php/752728.
5.a. Applications must include the CEME SNCO Academy Faculty Screening Checklist, with Commanding Officer endorsement. The checklist is available at: https:(slash)(slash)www.usmcu.edu/ceme/resources/.
6. The FY19 SNCO Academy Faculty Advisor and Curriculum Developer selection board is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 29 March 2019. The results will be published via MARADMIN in April 2019.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Craig C. Crenshaw, Director, Manpower Management Division.//