R 031248Z APR 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2019 NATIONAL DRUG ENFORCEMENT AGENCY PRESCRIPTION DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY//
POC/C.J. GILBERT/SSGT/UNIT:HQMC MFCP-1/-/COMM: (703)784-9526/EMAIL: CLAYTON.GILBERT@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides information regarding the semi-annual National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day, taking place on 27 Apr 2019. The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, reasonable means to dispose of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
2. Benefits of proper disposal of prescription drugs include inadvertent consumption by youth; deterrence of misuse by teens and adults; and preventing the medication from entering the water supply through improper disposal.
3. Substance Abuse Counseling Center (SACC) Directors and Drug Demand Reduction Coordinators (DDRCs) are encouraged to support this year’s prescription drug take-back day. SACC Directors and DDRCs may contact their local Provost Marshal Office representative to request support for this event onboard their installations. During the event, installation DDRCs are encouraged to field questions and provide individuals with information regarding the dangers of prescription drug abuse. Each SACC is encouraged to coordinate with local law enforcement officials to establish collection points to provide a safe venue for Marines, family members, civilian employees, and retirees to anonymously turn in unused, unneeded, and expired prescription medications for disposal.
4. Additional information on national collection sites can be found on the Drug Enforcement Agency website, http:(slash)(slash)www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. This MARADMIN is cancelled 28 April 2019.
7. Release authorized by M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//