CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING SYMPOSIUM
Date Signed: 5/29/2019
MARADMINS Number: 317/19
R 291424Z MAY 19
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2019 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M.J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the 2019 National Naval Officers’ Association (NNOA) Professional Development and Training Symposium from 7-8 August 2019 at the Admiral Kidd Catering Conference Center located at the Naval Base Point Loma, Harbor Dr. Annex, Bldg A-3.
2. NNOA’s mission is to enhance Sea Service operational readiness by supporting recruiting, professional development, and retention in an effort to achieve a diverse officer corps that reflects the demographics of our Nation. This year’s theme is, “Charting a course for tomorrow’s leaders.”
3. CMC (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all travel expenses. Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines and Sailors who are attached to Marine units to attend. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps funded participation will be coordinated through the HQMC M&RA Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE). Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized.
4. Contact MPE POC NLT 1 August 2019 to request HQMC TAD funding.
5. More information can be found on the NNOA website at www.nnoa.org.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. NNOA is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
8. Release authorized by Brigadier General W.H. Swan, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//