MARADMINS : 578/16
R 091912Z NOV 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCCDC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 4TH QTR OF FY16 AND THE 1ST QTR OF FY17//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/ R 031505Z JUN 15//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 4TH QTR OF FY16 AND 1ST QTR FY17 AND REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A.EVANS(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL:703-432-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per references (a) and (b), this message announces the results of the Call for Studies for the 4th QTR FY16 and 1st QTR FY17.
2. Tier I studies are considered appropriate studies that meet the criteria provided in reference (a) as delineated by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration (DC, CDI), these studies will commence as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound and worthy of execution but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope).
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
A. Cyber Training for the Future Force (CDR, MARFORCYBER).
B. Evaluate I MEF’s Combat Assessments Model (CG, I MEF).
C. Increased Information Operations, Cyber and Electronic Warfare Capability in the MAGTF (CG, I MEF and CG, II MEF).
D. Passive and Active Armor Comparison (DC, CDI).
E. Threats and Responses to the Proliferation of Commercially Available Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) (CG, I MEF).
F. USMC IW Metric Development Study: Phase I (ADC, IW).
4. The following studies are Tier II:
A. Developing a Rigorous Approach to Social Media Analysis and Examining Associated Gaps (CG, I MEF and Dir, Intel).
B. Effectiveness of Aquatics Maximum Power-Intense Training (AMP-IT) on the Marines Psychological and Physical Health (DC, MRA).
C. Evaluating the Potential Benefits and Threats from Emerging Technologies (CG, MARSOC).
D. Evaluation of the War Reserve System (WRS) in order to Improve the Efficiency and Effectiveness (DC, IL).
E. MAGTF Bulk Fuel Study (DIR, E2O).
F. MARFORRES Integrated Training Exercise (ITX) Analysis (CG, MARFORRES).
G. Material Management Systems Analysis for Consolidaton (CG, LOGCOM).
H. The Impact to C2 Systems in a Space Degraded Operating Environment (CG, I MEF).
I. Integrated MEF Financial Obligations in PACOM AO (CG, I MEF).
5. The OAD government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency point of contact (POC) as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email by the Director, External Analysis Division.
6. Per reference (b), Marine Corps Commands and Activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the Marine Corps Studies System (MCSS) are required to notify OAD (c 19) of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD (c 19) for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: mcss(at)usmc.mil.
7. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study products, please visit https(slash)(slash)mccdc.portal.usmc.mil/org/source/default.aspx or you may contact the Director, External Analysis Division, Mr. James A. Evans, email: james.a.evans(at)usmc.mil.
8. Questions regarding this announcement or the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: lisa.watts(at)usmc.mil.
9. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command.//