R 221243Z NOV 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/DECEMBER 2016 REGULAR CORPORAL AND SERGEANT PROMOTION AUTHORITY//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 055/16, CHANGE IN TIG AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND CHANGE IN SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT. REF B IS MARADMIN 150/16, QUARTERLY PAGE 11 COUNSELINGS FOR NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND SERGEANT. REF C IS MCO P1400.32D, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF D IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENL PME PROM REQRS BY GRADE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LEADERSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER CRS SEMINAR.//
POC/CHRISTINA R. UPTON/MAJ/MMPR-2/TEL:DSN 278-9718 EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Commanders are reminded that all Professional Military Education (PME) completions for their lance corporals and corporals must be entered in the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) in a timely manner. Timely posting of PME completion will prevent delays in promotion of your Marines. For Marines whose PME completions have posted late, commands must conduct research and submit a remedial promotion request to MMPR-2 if applicable.
2. Use the MCTFS to view the active duty promotion parameters for the current promotion quarter and the active duty cutting scores for the current promotion month. This may be done by typing "CCOS" from the MCTFS main menu and then selecting the desired option. Cutting scores should be printed from the "CCOS" screen and attached with this MARADMIN to be used for future reference. Note that any MOS listed on the "CCOS" screen as "9999" is closed for promotion. Cutting Scores also will be available on the Enlisted Promotion Section web page.
3. References (a) and (b) provide information and guidance on the changes to TIG for promotion to corporal, the requirement to have the exact TIG prior to selection, the new quarterly "NOT REC" entries and page 11 entries. The changes to the TIG requirement for promotion to corporal and the requirement to have the exact TIG prior to selection started with the April, May and June 2016 quarter. The quarterly "NOT REC" and page 11 entries started with the July, August and September 2016 promotion quarter.
4. Reference (c) sets forth guidance and instructions for effecting the monthly promotions of lance corporals and corporals of the regular Marine Corps who meet the following criteria:
4.a. SEL CPL ED: 20161201
4.b. SEL SGT ED: 20161201
4.c. DATE OF RANK: 20161201
4.d. EFFECTIVE DATE: 20161201
5. Commanders will ensure the following criteria are met:
5.a. Receipt of this MARADMIN as the official promotion authority.
5.b. Receipt of 1 December 2016 select grade generated on the unit diary feedback report.
5.c. Prior to being promoted to corporal, all lance corporals must have completed the Marine Net Leading Marines Distance Education Program (DEP) and a command sponsored Lance Corporals Leadership and Ethics Seminar IAW reference (d).
5.d. Prior to being promoted to sergeant, all corporals must have completed the Marine Net Corporals Course DEP and a command sponsored resident Corporals Course IAW reference (d).
6. All eligible Marines who are not PME complete by the 15th of the month prior to their promotion month should be ran as "NOT REC" for promotion. This will prevent promotions from being taken away from deserving Marines who have already completed their PME. The term "eligible" refers to Marines who meet the TIG and TIS requirements and have a composite score computed. Marines who are "NOT REC" but then complete their PME prior to the 1st of their promotion month can then be promoted if the commander chooses to recommend them and take remedial action.
7. Lance corporals and corporals who meet the cutting score, but are not PME complete and are not ran as "NOT REC" will not be selected due to their PME flag in the MCTFS being "N." The IPAC of these Marines will receive an advisory stating "not selected, required PME not complete." The PME status of these Marines will be monitored by CMC, MMPR-2 and if they complete the required PME after select grades have posted and prior to the 1st of the promotion month their select grades will be ran.
8. Note that the purpose of the PME flag is to prevent erroneous select grades and to be used as a tool for the commands, it is not intended to replace the "not rec" requirement listed in paragraph 5.
9. For Marine enlisted promotion matters call commercial (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9717. E-mail inquiries may be submitted to EnlistedPromotions(AT)usmc.mil. This MARADMIN Will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil
, select "Active Marine," "Promotion Branch (MMPR)," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "Message Traffic," then "Noncommissioned Officer (NCO)."
10. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director, Manpower Management Division.//