R 232048Z NOV 16
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2007/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE FY17-01 4TH MARINE AIRCRAFT WING (MAW) OPERATIONAL SUPPORT AIRCRAFT (OSA) AVIATOR SELECTION BOARD//
REF/C/MSGID:DOC/4TH MAW/WGO 5320R.2S//
NARR/REF A IS THE FY17-01 RESERVE KC-130T TRANSITION CONVERSION BOARD FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REF C IS 4TH MAW ORDER ON RESERVE OFFICER MANAGEMENT POLICIES. REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER ON TRANSITION CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
POC/J.M. OWENS/LTCOL/UNIT: HQ 4TH MAW G-1/-/504-697-7784 EMAIL:JESSICA.M.OWENS (AT) USMC.MIL/ALTERNATE POC/M.T.LEGENS/COL/UNIT: CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN ASM /DSN 223-9881/703-693-9881/EMAIL:MICHAEL.LEGENS (AT) USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with (IAW)ref A, the FY17-01 Reserve KC-130T Transition Conversion Board for Marine Naval Aviators was convened by 4th MAW and selected the below listed officer for transition training in the KC-130T aircraft and subsequent Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) Service within 4th MAW. Read in four columns:
Rank Name MOS Squadron
Maj Beasley, M. P. 7566 VMGR-452 MAG-49 4TH MAW
Alternates: No alternates selected.
2. All personnel listed above are directed to contact 4th MAW G-1 within 30 days of the release of this message accepting or declining their assignment to the appropriate unit. Selectees who cannot join the appropriate unit and attend training within 180 days will be required to reapply at a later date.
3. IAW with ref B and C, this message constitutes 4th MAW join and Duty Involving Flying - Operational (DIFOP) approval authority for the selected officers.
4. IAW ref D, paragraph 11(a), Naval Aviators and Naval Flight Officers who have completed transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed.
5. Administrative Guidance
a. Overview. Processing of orders for the approved training period requires the following: submission of training request package via Commanding General (CG), 4th MAW to approving authroity, approval from DC Aviation (transition) or CG 4th MAW (conversion), submission of a signed statement of understanding (SOU) to CMC (RIT), submission of funding estimates to CMC (RAP) for each school seat by 4th MAW (G-3) NLT 35 days from release of this message.
b. Submission and fund approval of orders via the Marine Reserve Order Writing System (MROWS) to RA (RCT) RIT, and adjustment of the new mandatory drill participation stop date (MDPSD). Utilize the provided page 11 entry templates to acknowledge acceptance of contractual obligation associated with transition training.
c. 4th MAW is the only entity authorized to submit requests for this training for the SMCR. RA (RCT) RIT is the only entity authorized to approve funding requests for this training. Marine Forces Reserve (MARFORRES) G-1 is the only entity authorized to process MDPDS’s upon completion of Marines training.
d. Requests will be submitted by unit commanders to transition/conversion approving authority via CG, 4th MAW G-3 training will notify the Marine’s unit via approval endorsement.
f. The SMCR unit will:
(1) Create a page 11 entry utilizing either template listed below as appropriate, acknowledging the required contractual obligation. The page 11 entry requires both the Marine’s and the Commanding Officer signatures. Page 11 entry must be dated utilizing the date the Marine acknowledged and accepted the approved training. Have the officer sign one of the approprate page 11 entries below:
(a) Transition: IAW MCO 1331.2K, par 11(a) (obligated service), Marine Naval Aviators (NA) and Marine Naval Flight Officers (NFO) who complete aircraft transition training are under contractual obligation for four years. This obligation will commence on the date transition training is completed. I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required per MCO 1331.2K.
(b) Conversion: IAW MCO 1331.2K, par 11(b) (obligated service), Marine Naval Aviators (NA) and Marine Naval Flight Officers (NFO) who complete aircraft conversion training are under contractual obigation for three years. This obligation will commence on the date conversion training is completed. I acknowledge and agree to the additional contractual obligation required per MCO 1331.2K.
(2) Submit the signed page 11 to 4th MAW G-1 via its section mailbox at OMB_4THMAW_CMD(at)usmc.mil.
(3) Units are directed to utilize the applicable per diem rates available at the training site. Messing and lodging is directed, if available, at cost. RA (RCT) RIT will authorize rental vehicles on a case by case basis. All orders will utilize the following funding data: order type: schools, sub type: unit training, Command: CMC, PID: IUC[Schools-INDV Unit CONV TRNG (CP)], BCN: 14631, Pay Group: 108. Funding source: IUC 14631 108 Schools-INDIV unit TRNG (CP) officer lateral move MOS retraining program PSTA-238 (HQ/LM).
(4) Submit MROWS orders 15 days from the reporting date of the approved transition/conversion training. MROWS order requests will not be approved without the prior receipt of the Marine’s signed page 11 entry if applicable.
g. Upon completion of SMCR actions, RA (RCT) RIT will screen and approve the Marine’s orders request.
h. Upon completion of required training, the SMCR unit will submit an MDPSD adjustment request along with a signed copy of the Marine’s page 11 entry to MARFORRES G-1 via their organizational mailbox at MFR_MANPOWER(at)usmc.mil as required. MARFORRES G-1 will report and adjust the MDPSD utilizing the date transition/conversion training was completed.
6. The next 4th MAW Reserve KC-13-T Transition Conversion Board for Marine Naval Aviators is planned for Spring 2017. All applicants not selected by this board who want to be re-considered on the next board will be required to reapply as all packages from this selection board will be destroyed.
7. Release authorized by LtGen J.M. Davis, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//