R 021919Z DEC 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/MANDATORY USE OF THE AUTOMATED POSITION DESCRIPTION LIBRARY MODULE IN THE TOTAL WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES (TWMS) SYSTEM//
REF/A/ MSGID: MSG/CMC/071229Z DEC 11//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC/011506Z JUN 15//
NARR/ REF A, MARADMIN 700/11, AUTHORIZED USE OF THE TOTAL WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES (TWMS) SYSTEM REF B, MARADMIN 269/15 DESIGNATION OF TOTAL WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT SERVICES (TWMS) LOCAL ADMINISTRATORS//
POC/-/C.E. ANDREWS/CIV/(MPC30) HRIS MANAGER/-/TEL: (703)432-9417/EMAIL: CHARLES.E.ANDREWS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/RMKS/1. Reference (A) authorized the use of Total Workforce Management Services (TWMS) by USMC commands to support workforce management. This MARADMIN applies to all Marine Corps Civilian Human Resources Offices, Satellite Offices and Manpower Offices managing appropriated fund civilian employees.
2. Background. The Department of the Navy (DON) developed an automated position description (PD) library tool using TWMS that can store PDs electronically in a central repository and link them to both the employee and the Billet Identification Code (BIC) to which they are assigned. There are many advantages to having an electronic central repository of USMC classified PDs:
a. Standardizes record keeping process and eliminates the need for numerous retention files
b. Provides capability to search repository of classified PDs on various data fields (i.e. Occupational Series, Grade, Sensitivity, etc.)
c. Allows supervisors and employees direct access to assigned PDs.
d. Supports PD review and revisions process
e. Establishes clear linkage, by BIC, between billet requirement and the PD supporting the billet
f. Improves recruitment processing by allowing addition of job analysis and vacancy announcement documentation to be stored as supporting documents related to each classified PD
3. Action. To realize the advantages and efficiencies of an electronic PD Library, USMC will now require the use of the TWMS PD Library. Effective immediately, Human Resources Directors (HRD), Human Resources Office (HRO) Satellite Managers, and Commands with PD classification authority will have the responsibility of adding classified PDs to the PD Library as described below:
a. Classified PDs must be added to the TWMS PD Library after signature by the entity that holds the classification authority for the PD. For those commands that have delegated classification authority to the Office of Civilian Human Resources (OCHR) Operations Center, San Diego, the Human Resources Office will be responsible for adding the PD to the library.
b. HRO and Commands will ensure all new and previously classified PDs are added to the library no later than 31 December 2017.
4. Instructions and Training. Guides and instructions for using the PD Library have been published the on the MPC-30 website at: https:slash slash www.manpower.usmc.mil/twms/
. MPC will offer additional training upon request.
5. Per reference (B), TWMS Local Administrators (TLAs) will be responsible for granting functional access to the PD library for HRO and Manpower/Position Management account holders. These accounts will then be able to view all PDs. Functional access to the PD library for other account holders cannot be granted without the written approval from the MPC-30 Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Manager. DC MRA (MPC30) will continue to provide TWMS enterprise oversight and account monitoring on a routine basis.
6. Release authorized by MajGen M. A. Rocco, Director, Plans Policy Division.//