MARADMINS : 658/16
R 142253Z DEC 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEFENSE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE SENIOR LEADERSHIP TRAINING (SLT) FOR CY 2017//
POC/FERMAN C. MCLAUGHLIN/MGYSGT/UNIT: MPE/-/TEL: (703)784-9371/TEL: DSN 278-9371/TEL: COMM (703)784-9371//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This seminar is geared toward the strategic decision makers and is designed for officers (Commanders and key staff/department heads O-4 to O-6), senior enlisted members (E-8 to E-9), and civilians (GS-12 to GS-15), including legal officers, chaplains, and Inspector General Personnel in leadership positions. SLT provides leaders with an orientation on the intrapersonal, interpersonal and organizational aspects of human relations in order to gain an understanding of their impact on unit cohesion and mission effectiveness.
2. SLT is conducted in a joint service environment and follows a building block approach, using instructional segments on intrapersonal awareness, interpersonal communications, and organizational behavior. The intent of SLT is to raise awareness of personnel dynamics and incorporate participants personal and professional experiences in solving organizational issues, beginning with how values and prejudices are formed and acted out. The seminar is divided into the following topics: socialization and values, communicating across differences, conflict management, sexual harassment awareness, system vs victim focus, religious diversity, power prejudice and discrimination, racism, sexism, extremism, institutional discrimination, capitalizing on diversity, sexual assault prevention and response awareness, and assessment considerations. The duration of SLT is 5 days consisting of at least 40 hours of instruction.
3. The dates for the CY 2017 SLT are:
Seminar Registration Report date Convenes Graduates
LTAS 17B 08 DEC 16 08 JAN 17 09 JAN 17 13 JAN 17
LTAS 17C 05 FEB 17 05 MAR 17 06 MAR 17 10 MAR 17
LTAS 17D 30 MAR 17 30 APR 17 01 MAY 17 05 MAY 17
LTAS 17E 11 MAY 17 11 JUN 17 12 JUN 17 16 JUN 17
LTAS 17F 17 AUG 17 17 SEP 17 18 SEP 17 22 SEP 17
LTAS 18A 26 OCT 17 26 NOV 17 27 NOV 17 01 DEC 17
4. A limited number of quotas have been made available to the Marine Corps for each seminar. Individuals requesting seats must submit their request via their chain of command to their Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) utilizing the SF 182 Form. The EOA will submit the request to CMC (MPE) for registration. CMC MPE will notify the respective EOA of the individuals selected to attend SLT.
5. Funding is the responsibility of the attendees command and attendees should bring sufficient funds to defray expenses.
6. Billeting will be coordinated with DEOMI via the Space Coast Inn, Patrick AFB, FL at 321-494-5428 or DSN 854-5428. Departure should not be arranged prior to 1800 on the graduation date. The uniform of the day is civilian business casual.
7. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee. The nearest airports are in Melbourne, FL or Orlando, FL. Authorization for a rental vehicle is recommended due to location of lodging and dining facilities.
8. Direct liaison with DEOMI is not authorized. Contact your command or servicing EOA for additional information or questions.
9. Release authorized by MajGen Michael A. Rocco, Division Director, Manpower Plans and Policy, Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//