MARADMINS : 661/16
R 191341Z DEC 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR (FY) 17-2 ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) PROGRAM OFFICER ACCESSION AND CAREER DESIGNATION BOARDS//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001.52J/YMD: 20110606//
REF/B/DOC/MCO P1610.7F/YMD: 20101019//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM/261405ZSEP13//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS ACTIVE RESERVE PROGRAM ORDER. REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER FOR PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. REFERENCE (C) IS OFFICIAL MILITARY PHOTO GUIDANCE.//
POC/A. L. BORREGO/MAJ/RAM-1/DSN 278-0530/-/TEL: (703)784-0530/EMAIL: ANTONIO.BORREGO(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Reserve Affairs will convene the FY 17-2 AR Officer Accession and Career Designation Boards on 24 April 2017.
2. Officer Accession Board
a. The AR Program provides a cadre of well-trained and experienced Reserve Component (RC) officers in order to facilitate the integration of the Total Force and to assist the Active Component (AC) with their total force integration roles and responsibilities, as required by reference (a). AR Program Marines assist with organizing, preparing and administering policies and regulations, training and instructing, recruiting and retention, and administration of Marine Corps Reserve personnel.
b. Officers selected to join the AR Program will fill a variety of billets across the globe in support of the RC.
c. Officers interested in applying must complete an application and submit via online survey using the following website: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application.
d. Eligibility Criteria
(1) Applicants must meet all qualifications listed on pages 2-2 through 2-4 of reference (a).
(2) AC and RC lieutenants and captains who will have completed mandatory service obligations (commission, permanent change of station, payback tour, mandatory drill stop date, etc.) by August 2017 are eligible.
(3) AC and RC ground majors promoted on or after 1 March 2015 are eligible.
(4) AC and RC aviation majors promoted on or after 1 March 2013 are eligible.
e. AC officers will be screened for a Reserve Commission upon application.
f. The AR program currently maintains the following unrestricted officer MOSs: 0102, 0302, 0402, 0602, 1302, 3002, 3404, 4402, 6002, 6602, 72XX, 7523, 7532, 7557, 7563, 7565, 7566, 8840 and 8844. Programmatic need within the above MOSs is fluid. Specific shortfalls will be determined prior to the board convening.
g. Applicants with MOSs not listed in paragraph 2.f. are eligible to apply and will be considered for MOS reclassification.
h. Application Process
(1) Complete an application package with documents found under the reference section of the Officer Accession Board website, located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil, Reserve Marine,RAM, Officer Assignments (RAM-1), Officer Accession Boards. Required documents are annotated on the enclosure portion of the application sample located in the references section of the Officer Accession Board website. Officers with the 8840 and 8844 MOSs will need to note the MOS on their application.
(2) Acquire endorsement of the application package from first O5/O6 commander in the chain of command. Officers with unusual circumstances should contact RAM-1 for guidance. Officers serving in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) do not require an endorsement.
(3) Complete application survey and submit the completed application package by 2359 on 17 March 2017 via the web portal at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application.
(4) Officers who have previously applied must submit new packages.
(5) Reserve applicants only. The board will be provided a current Career Retirement Credit Report (CRCR). Reserve officers are encouraged to review their CRCR for accuracy, completion and certification within the previous 12 months.
i. Board Results. Officers selected for accession will be notified via MARADMIN. Accession tours are 36 months and will be assigned based on the needs of the AR Program. Officers selected as alternates will be notified via separate correspondence.
j. Accession timelines will be coordinated between RAM-1 and officers selected for accession.
k. RC officers may elect to carry over leave if accessed within 30 days of a previous period of active duty. Coordination between the individual, unit administration, and RAM-1 is required.
l. Officers who have received or are receiving separations or voluntary separations pay will be subject to recoupment by the U.S. Government upon accession.
3. Competitive Career Designation
a. Career designation offers an opportunity for unrestricted AR officer accessions to continue service in the AR Program. Officers will be considered for career designation on the first career designation board held after receiving 540 days of observed fitness reports for service in the AR Program. Officers selected for career designation will be assigned an indefinite expiration of active service (EAS).
b. The board will consider fitness reports submitted through 1 April 2017 towards the 540 days of required observation.
c. Officers with an EAS not supporting an opportunity for career designation must request an extension from RAM-1.
d. Officers not approved for career designation will be released from the AR program upon EAS. If an officers EAS allows additional career designation boards, he or she will be considered on those boards.
e. Application Process
(1) Complete application package with documents found under the reference section of the Officer Accession Board website, located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil, Reserve Marine, RAM, Officer Assignments (RAM-1), Career Designation.
(2) Acquire endorsement for the application package from the first O5/O6 commander in the chain of command. Officers with unusual circumstances should contact RAM-1 for guidance.
(3) Complete application survey and submit completed application package by 2359 on 17 March 2017 via the web portal at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application.
f. Career designation incurs a 24-month obligation from the date of acceptance. Officers who decline career designation will be separated at their EAS.
4. Officers are responsible for ensuring completion of fitness reports and updating of official photographs as required by references (b) and (c).
5. Waivers to eligibility requirements set forth in this MARADMIN or reference (a) will be considered at the discretion of the Director of Reserve Affairs Division on a case-by-case basis.
6. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//