MARADMINS : 672/16
R 201952Z DEC 16
MSGID/MARADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/CHANGE TO MARADMIN 558/16 EIGHT DAY BRIEF REQUIREMENTS//
REF/A/MSG DTG 201913Z OCT 16//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARADMIN 558/16 EIGHT DAY BRIEF REQUIREMENTS/POC/LTCOL ADAM PASTOR/CMC SAFETY DIVISION/TEL: (703)604-4362(DSN 664)/E-MAIL: ADAM.PASTOR(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT RMKS/1. Effective immediately, delete paragraph 4 (recipients) from ref (A).
2. Distribution of all eight day briefs shall be by encrypted email from the first general officer in the chain of command to the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps (ACMC) and approved courtesy copy recipients via the following distribution lists:
2.a. All Aviation Mishap eight day briefs shall be sent to the “8 Day Aviation Mishap” distribution list in the Global Address List (GAL).
2.b. All Suicide or Attempted Suicide eight day briefs shall be sent to the “8 Day Suicide/Attempt” distribution list in the GAL.
2.c. All other eight day briefs shall be sent to the “8 Day Ground/Off-Duty” distribution list in the GAL.
3. Membership of the distribution lists is by billet as directed by MCO 5100.29 and the ACMC. Requests to add/remove billets from the distribution list must be approved by the ACMC.
4. The distribution lists shall be administered by CMC Safety Division. Incumbents shall coordinate with POC for changes to the distribution list due to personnel changes within approved billets.
5. Questions regarding this message may be submitted to the CMC (SD) POC listed above.
6. Release authorized by James B. Laster, Lieutenant General, Director, Marine Corps Staff.//