R 210951Z DEC 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/JANUARY 2017 DRILLING RESERVE (DR), INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE (IRR), AND ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CORPORAL AND SERGEANT PROMOTION AUTHORITY//
NARR/REF A MARADMIN 055/16, CHANGE IN TIG AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND CHANGE IN SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT. REF B IS MCO P1400.32D, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL W/ CH 2. REF C IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENL PME PROM REQRS BY GDE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LDRSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER CRS SEMINAR.//
POC/CHRISTINA R. UPTON/MAJ/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Please review paragraph 5.c. for updates. Since 1 July 2016, all DR and IRR Marines are selected for promotion to corporal and sergeant based on meeting the cutting score for their Primary Military Occupational Specialty (PMOS) vice their Occupational Field (OccFld). Accordingly, the DR and IRR cutting scores will be listed on the Enlisted Promotion website and in the MCTFS by PMOS vice OccFld.
2. This MARADMIN is the promotion authority for DR, IRR, and AR lance corporals and corporals. The Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) may be used to view the DR, IRR, and AR cutting scores for the current month. You may also use the MCTFS to view the DR, IRR, and AR promotion parameters for the current promotion quarter. This may be done by typing "CCOS" from the MCTFS main menu and then selecting the desired option. IRR Marines will use the same promotion parameters and the same cutting scores as DR Marines. DR, IRR, and AR cutting scores should be printed from the "CCOS" screen and attached with this MARADMIN to be used for future reference. Note that any MOS listed on the "CCOS" screen as "9999" is closed for promotion. Cutting scores also will be available on the Enlisted Promotion Section web page.
3. Reference (a) provides information and guidance on the changes to TIG for promotion to cpl. This change started during the April 2016 promotion quarter.
4. Reference (b) sets forth guidance and instructions for effecting the quarterly promotions of lance corporals and corporals of the DR, IRR, and AR who meet the following criteria:
4.a. SEL CPL ED: 20170101
4.b. SEL SGT ED: 20170101
4.c. DATE OF RANK: 20170101
4.d. EFFECTIVE DATE: 20170101
5. Commanders will ensure the following criteria are met:
5.a. Receipt of this MARADMIN as the official promotion authority.
5.b. Receipt of 1 January 2017 select grade generated on the unit diary feedback report.
5.c. Prior to being promoted, all Marines must complete the required PME for their grade IAW reference (c) as follows:
5.c.1. Promotion to Corporal.
5.c.1.a. DR and AR. Completion of a command-sponsored Lance Corporal Leadership and Ethics Seminar (of note: marinenet course EPME3000AA is a prerequisite)
5.c.1.b. IRR: completion of EPME3000AA marinenet course
5.c.2. Promotion to Sergeant
5.c.2.a. DR: Completion of marinenet course (EPME4000AA).
5.c,2.b. AR: EPME4000AA and a command sponsored Corporals Course.
5.c.2.c. IRR: completion of EPME4000AA marinenet course.
6. Commanders are reminded that all eligible SMCR and AR Marines Who are not PME complete by the 15th of the month prior to their promotion month should be ran as "NOT REC" for promotion. This will prevent promotions from being taken away from deserving Marines who have already completed their PME. The term "eligible" refers to Marines who meet the TIG and TIS requirements and have a composite score computed. Marines who are "NOT REC" but then complete their PME prior to the 1st of their promotion month can then be promoted if the commander chooses to recommend them and take remedial action.
7. Effective immediately, IRR Marines who are not PME complete no longer need to be ran as "NOT REC." IRR Marines promote based on the SMCR cutting score and these entries are not considered when determining the cutting scores. The "PME complete flag" in the MCTFS will keep them from coming up select grade. IRR Marines who are "NOT REC" for reasons other than PME will continue to be ran as usual.
8. Lance corporals and corporals who meet the cutting score, but are not PME complete and are not ran as "NOT REC" will not be selected for promotion due to their PME flag in the MCTFS being "N." The commands of these Marines will receive an advisory stating "not selected, required PME not complete." The PME status of these Marines will be monitored by CMC, MMPR-2 and if they complete the required PME after select grades have posted and prior to the 1st of the promotion month their select grades will be ran.
9. Note that the purpose of the PME flag is to prevent erroneous select grades and to be used as a tool for the commands, it is not intended to replace the "not rec" requirement listed in paragraph 4.
10. For Marine Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703)784-9717 Or DSN 278-9717. E-mail inquiries may be submitted to EnlistedPromotions(AT)usmc.mil. This MARADMIN will be posted to the promotion branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil
, select "Active Marine," "Promotion Branch (MMPR)," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "Message Traffic," then "Noncommissioned Officer (NCO)."
11. Release authorized by C. F. Swain, Director, Manpower Management Division, Acting.//