MARADMINS : 006/17
R 051929Z JAN 17
MSGID/MARADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/THIRTY-FIFTH EXECUTIVE FORCE PRESERVATION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSG/CMC SD WASHINGTON DC/072052Z SEP 16//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/19MAR2012//
NARR/REF A IS THE 35TH EXECUTIVE FORCE PRESERVATION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT. REF B IS CMC POLICY MEMO 1-12, MARINE CORPS EXECUTIVE FORCE PRESERVATION BOARD CHARTER.//
POC/LTCOL ADAM PASTOR/POLICY BRANCH HEAD/COMM:(703)604-4362/DSN: 664-4362/ADAM.PASTOR(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Executive Force Preservation Board (EFPB) establishes safety and force preservation policy and guidance for the Marine Corps. Per the references, the EFPB convened its 35th meeting at the Pentagon and via secure video teleconference on 29 September 2016 from 1300-1600 EDT.
2. EFPB members or their representatives in attendance were:
Gen Walters ACMC
LtGen Laster DMCS
Col Benedict DC AVN Rep
LtGen Brilakis DC MRA
SES Thompson DC CDI Rep
LtGen Thomas DC PR
SES Smith DC PPO Rep
Col Giltz DC IL Rep
LtGen Beydler COMMARFORCENT
LtGen Wissler COMMARFORCOM
LtGen Berger COMMARFORPAC
LtGen McMillian COMMARFORRES
MajGen Nelson COMMARFOREUR/AF
Col Grass COMMARFORSOC Rep
Col Farrell COMMARFORSOUTH Rep
Col Giltz COMMCICOM Rep
MajGen Coffman CG I MEF Rep
Col Day CG II MEF Rep
Col Odom CG III MEF Rep
Mr. Hanley DASN Safety
SES Thompson CG TECOM Rep
Col Reventlow CG MARCORLOGCOM Rep
CAPT Kennedy Chaplain of the Marine Corps Rep
CDR Manning Dir Health Services Rep
Col Mowery COMNAVSAFECEN Rep
SES Evans-Morgis COMMARCORSYSCOM Rep
SES Balocki Dir MF Div Rep
BGen Glynn Dir OUSMCC
Mr. Shelton IGMC Rep
Mr. Plato CG MCRC Rep
Col Williams Dir Safety Div (SD)
SgtMaj Green SMMC
3. The EFPB agenda included presentation and discussion of the following:
a. ACMC Opening Remarks
b. MARFORs Update
c. MEFs Updated
d. Psychological Health Advisory Council (PHAC) Update
e. Force Preservation OAG Proposal
f. Riders(Apostrophe) Essential Skills Training Implementation Brief
g. CMC(SD) Improved Risk Management Training Initiative Brief
h. Previous EFPB Tasks Review
i. New Tasks
4. EFPB Tasks.
a. The following tasks remain open, as amended below:
(1) (EFPB 32-04/33-02) - M(Ampersand)RA in coordination with CMC(SD), provide an update brief on the Force Preservation Hand-Off Tool within MOL. Task will be closed upon publication of the MARADMIN directing the use of the tool currently in staffing.
(2) (EFPB 32-07/33-05) - PHAC provide an information paper on suicide prevention assistance during transition out of the Marine Corps.
(3) (EFPB 32-10) – PHAC update MARADMIN 308/11 “Commander(Apostrophe)s Access to Healthcare Information.”
(4) (EFPB 33-06) – PHAC provide an information paper on improving critical risk information sharing between commanders and healthcare providers.
(5) (EFPB 34-01) – CMC(SD) revise EFPB Charter. This task is dependent upon completion of task 35-03.
(6) (EFPB 34-02) – CMC(SD) provide courses of action for REST implementation. CMC(SD) will contract to implement REST at II MEF/Camp Lejeune area during FY17. Provided update to ACMC 14 December 2016. Update 36th EFPB on results of initial training and accelerated roll-out plan.
(7) (EFPB 34-03) – M(Ampersand)RA revise overseas screening checklist. Task will be closed upon cancellation of old checklist.
(8) (EFPB 34-04) – MARFORCOM provide update on data initiative and codifying definitions of Force Preservation terms. Provide update to 36th EFPB.
(9) (EFPB 34-05) – I MEF provide update on “Strengthening Culture of Readiness” Initiative. Provide update to 36th EFPB.
(10) (EFPB 34-06) – I MEF provide update on the Unit Safety Application. Provide update to the 37th EFPB on usage metrics gathered from Version 2 and whether units using the application experience a reduction in DUI or other negative events.
b. New Tasks. The following new tasks are directed and shall be updated at the 36th EFPB:
(a) (EFPB 35-01) – Prepare a template for a suicide attempt 8-Day brief. Ensure satisfactory legal review. Draft a MARADMIN requiring the submission of an 8-Day Brief following suicide attempts. Complete with publication of MARADMIN 558/16.
(b) (EFPB 35-02) – Present decision brief to 36th EFPB on implementation of improved Risk Management training.
(2) DC M(Ampersand)RA.
(a) (EFPB 35-03) - Brief ACMC on HQMC G-10 Working Group/Courses of Action prior to 36th EFPB. Complete.
(b) (EFPB 35-04) – Brief ACMC on Embedded Preventative Behavioral Health Capability funding and staffing issues prior to 36th EFPB. Recommend way forward to secure funding and ensure qualified staffing remains at appropriate levels.
5. The 36th EFPB is tentatively scheduled during March 2017 in the National Capital Region. CMC (SD) welcomes EFPB members and their safety offices to forward discussion topic recommendations to CMC (SD) prior to the 36th EFPB.
6. CMC (SD) will announce the 36th EFPB POA(Ampersand)M, schedule, agenda, and coordinating instructions via separate correspondence.
7. Semper fidelis, Glenn M. Walters, General, U.S. Marine Corps, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps.//