MARADMINS : 045/17
R 251016z Jan 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY17 MANPOWER MANAGEMENT RECORDS AND PERFORMANCE (MMRP) BRANCH PROMOTIONS BRANCH (MMPR) WEST COAST COMMAND VISIT//
REF/B/MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2//
REF/C/MCO P1400.31C W/CH 1//
NARR/REF A IS THE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (PES) MANUAL. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (ENLPROMMAN). REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 1, OFFICER PROMOTIONS (MARCORPPROMMAN, VOL 1, OFFPROM).//
POC/B. L. PENNINGTON/CAPT/MMRP-31/TEL: DSN 278-5686/EMAIL: BENJAMIN.PENNINGTON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In response to requests from the operating force, and in an effort to address the recognized educational shortfall of the Marine Corps performance evaluation and promotion processes, MMRP and MMPR will provide a comprehensive summary of the evaluation and promotion processes.
2. From 27 February to 2 March 2017, MMRP and MMPR will visit the below designated west coast locations to conduct a series of briefs in order to equip reporting officials with the knowledge to improve the quality and accuracy of their fitness report writing, and to broaden their understanding of the evaluation and promotion processes.
3. MMRP and MMPR personnel will conduct briefs at west coast locations per the following schedule:
Base Date Time(s) Location
MCB Pendleton 27 Feb 0800-1200 Unit Event Center
Bldg 51919-San Onofre
MCB Pendleton 27 Feb 1300-1700 Pacific Views Center
Del Mar Room
MCAS Miramar 28 Feb 0800-1200 Bob Hope Theater
MCRD San Diego 28 Feb 1300-1700 McDougal Hall
MCAGCC 29 Palms 01 Mar 0800-1200 Sunset Cinema
MCAS Yuma 02 Mar 0800-1200 Station Theater
4. Target Audience: All officers and staff non-commissioned officers.
5. Timeframe: Each brief will be approximately one hour in length. The first three hours will consist of briefs on promotions, performance evaluations, and career counselings. The last hour will be an open forum for attendees to ask questions.
6. Facilities are requested to support. The brief location requires audio/visual support, microphone, laptop connection, presentation remote, and 8 chairs on stage.
7. Site Coordinator: Hosting commands will designate one representative to serve as the primary point of contact for coordination of the MMRP/MMPR Command Visit.
8. Reporting officials should come equipped with the RS Average and RS High numbers for each of their profiles. RS profile information can be obtained through the “RSRO” tab in your OMPF, which can be accessed via the “OMPF” tab in MOL.
9. Maximum participation and support from all levels of command is essential.
9.a. POC for MMPR is Maj Upton, Christina R. DSN 278-9711/COM (703)784-9711, or Email: christina.upton(at)usmc.mil.
9.b. POC for MMRP is Capt Pennington, Benjamin L. DSN 278-5686/COM (703)784-5686, or Email: benjamin.pennington(at)usmc.mil.
10. Release authorized by MajGen Michael A. Rocco, Director, Manpower Management Division.//