MARADMINS : 149/17
241530Z MAR 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC AVN//
SUBJ/FY18 7315 UNMANNED AIRCRAFT SYSTEM (UAS) MAGTF ELECTRONIC WARFARE OFFICERS (EWO) FIELD ACCESSION BOARD (FAB) 12 JUNE 2017//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1200.1B - MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES MANUAL(SHORT TITLE: MOS MANUAL)//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1331.2K - TRANSITION/CONVERSION TRAINING FOR MARINE NAVAL AVIATORS AND NAVAL FLIGHT OFFICERS//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/US CODE TITLE 10 ARMED FORCES SEC 653, MINIMUM SERVICEREQUIREMENT FOR CERTAIN FLIGHT CREW POSITIONS//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/US CODE TITLE 37 PAY AND ALLOWANCES OF THE UNIFORMED SERVICES SEC 301, INCENTIVE PAY: HAZARDOUS DUTY//
POC/SALAS, M.E./MAJ ASM-30/UNIT: HQMC AVN ASM/-/TEL: 703-693-9884/EMAIL: MATEO.SALAS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the FY18 FAB for the 7315 officers.
2. The Deputy Commandant for Aviation (DCA) is committed to the 7315 FAB program and has directed the convening of a competitive selection board in order to meet current and emerging manpower requirements in the UAS community. This MARADMIN complements the larger UAS manpower strategy, focused on expanding the professional cadre of UAS officers. This will be accomplished through initial entry accessions, targeted conversion of qualified officers, and implementation of transformational technologies to advance this burgeoning community. DCA seeks applications from motivated officers who desire to broaden and challenge themselves by competing for the 7315 MOS. These select officers assist HQMC in filling 7315 inventories, facilitate the interchange of professional and military expertise within the Marine Corps, and will become permanent stakeholders in a growing warfighting field.
3. The FY18 7315 FAB will convene on or about 12 June 2017.
a. This program is offered to unrestricted active duty officers with requirements set forth in reference A. Aviation selection test battery (ASTB) and medical physical requirements must be completed prior to the application submission deadline. Waivers will be considered but could significantly reduce competitiveness for selection.
b. Officers should have less than 12 years commissioned service (YCS). Additionally, applicants should have a minimum of one and one half year time on station by 1 Oct 2017 and, if selected, may not be eligible to make a permanent change of station (PCS) for 7315 training until they have completed a minimum of two years at their current duty station. Manpower and Reserve Affairs (M(AND)RA) will determine if the inventory of the applicant’s current MOS can sustain a transition to the 7315 MOS.
c. Applicants should be capable of executing a PCS to their new duty station or training location as early as September 2017.
d. Applicants in receipt of PCS orders may not be eligible. All applicants are recommended to coordinate with their Monitors at M(AND)RA prior to submitting their application to ensure program eligibility.
5. 7315 training
a. All selectees, except those with a 75XX MOS, will attend the USAF remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) course at Randolph AFB, TX. Selectees with a non-75XX background who have a valid private pilots license (PPL) may be eligible for a shortened RPA course.
b. All selectees must attend either the RQ-7B course at Fort Huachuca, AZ or an RQ-21 course conducted through a mobile training team.
c. Selectees MOS will be reassigned to 7301 Basic UAS Officer and then designated a 7315 UAS officer at the completion of the prescribed syllabus.
d. A selectees inability to meet the timeline to attend or complete training will result in forfeiture of selection and fleeting up of an alternate.
6. General submission requirements
a. Applicants shall ensure that their Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) is current and includes completed PME, Fitness Reports, and digital photo.
b. Applications will include the applicants:
- DOD ID number
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- ASTB score and date.
- Status of class IV flight physical
- Applicable experience
- Date of rank
- Time on station as of Oct 2017
- Time in service as of Oct 2017
c. A copy of the official ASTB score shall be included as an attachment.
d. Medical records are not required as an attachment.
e. Aviation, fires coordination, electronic attack, and or previous UAS experience is desired. Any flight experience listed should include total flight time per model aircraft.
f. Applications shall be endorsed by the first O-6 commander in the applicants chain of command. Additional endorsement and recommendation letters are encouraged.
7. General information
a. In accordance with reference B, selectees will incur a three year additional service obligation to commence on the date they are formally designated a 7315 UAS officer. For selectees with a 75XX MOS, this obligation will run concurrently with any aviation training obligation specified in reference C.
b. Selectees will not normally be considered for PCS orders outside of their new 7315 MOS for a three year period following the date 7315 training is completed.
8. Submission instructions:
a. Marine officers interested in applying for the 7315 PMOS shall submit an electronic NAVMC 10274 administrative action (AA) form as their application. Submissions should be made via email to the message POC with the text FY18 PMOS 7315 board, (LastName) in the subject line.
b. Applications are due by 31 May 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
9. The board’s results will be submitted for review and approval to DCA and DC M(AND)RA. The final results will be forwarded to the Aviation Officer Assignment section (MMOA-2) for future assignment. Selection board results will be announced by MARADMIN at the earliest possible date after the conclusion of the board proceedings. Selectees with a 75XX MOS will have a letter placed in their OMPF stating that acceptance of the new PMOS signify a permanent voluntary termination of flight status.
10. This bulletin is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
11. This bulletin will be cancelled on 1 Oct 2017. An updated selection board announcement will be published if warranted for FY18.
11. Release authorized by LtGen J. M. Davis, Deputy Commandant for Aviation.//