MARADMINS : 175/17
R 112019Z APR 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 2ND QTR OF FY17 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 3RD QTR OF FY17//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/ R 232102Z NOV 16//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC /-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 2ND QTR FY17 AND REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A. EVANS(AT)USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS (AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per references (A) and (b), this message announces the results of the Call for Studies for the 2d QTR FY17. This message also announces the Call for Studies for the 3rd QTR FY17 (see paragraph 7).
2. Tier I studies are considered appropriate studies that meet the criteria provided in reference (a) as delineated by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration, (DC, CD and I) these studies will commence as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound and worthy of execution but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope).
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
3.A. Allocating Force Protection Capabilities for Crisis Response (DC, CD and I)
3.B. Future Ground Combat Element Fires for MAGTF Operations (DC, PP and O)
3.C. Marine Corps Modeling and Simulation (M and S) Requirements Analysis (DC, CD and I)
4. The following studies are Tier II:
4.A. Anthropometric Screening (CG, TECOM)
4.B. Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) of Principal End Item (PEI) Roations in Support of Deployed MAGTFs (DC, I and L)
4.C. Current Marine Corps Packaging and Distribution Initiatives in Regards to Unmanned Air Logistics Systems (DC, I and L)
4.D. Developing Measures of Effectiveness for the Marine Corps Career Intermission Program (DC, M and RA)
4.E. Examination of OCS Evaluation Process and Persistent Attrition Rates (CG, MCRC)
4.F. Ground Supply Intermediate Level Capacity Study (DC, I and L)
4.G. Logistics Metrics Analysis to Support Major Combat Operations (DC, I and L)
4.H. Manpower and Structure of Contingency Contracting Force to Support Operational Contract Support Functions (DC, I and L)
4.I. Military Power and Energy Model (MPEM) Complete Dataset Update (DIR, E2O)
4.J. Reserve Incentive Programs (DC, M and RA)
4.K. Trimester Phasing 2009-2016, An Update (CG, MCRC)
4.L. USMC Modular Tactical Distribution on the Battlefield (DC,I and L)
5. The OAD government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution. POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email by the Director, External Analysis Division.
6. Per reference (b), Marine Corps Commands and Activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the Marine Corps Studies System (MCSS) are required to notify OAD (c 19) of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD (c 19) for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: mcss(at)usmc.mil.
7. This message also announces the MCSS Call for Studies for the 3RD QTR of FY 17 and solicits nominations for relevant and impactful studies. The nomination period ends 31 May 2017, with the Studies Review Board (SRB) scheduled for 6 June 2017.
8. Action. Organizations and individuals interested in submitting a study nomination shall meet the following requirements IAW reference (b):
8.A. Nominations must have approval and support, at the submitting command, of a senior officer (Colonel/GS-15 civilian or above), who shall be the study sponsor.
8.B. Each Study Project Officer (SPO), assigned by the study sponsor, must be a Marine or government employee, contractors are not permitted to act as the SPO. The SPO must be available to assist in developing the performance work statement or study plan, have sufficient time at his/her current assignment to support study performer(s) and assist with the collection of data and completion of the study.
9. Nominations will be submitted via email. You may request a nomination form by emailing mcss(at)usmc.mil. This form is the only acceptable form for submission. Nominations submitted using any other form shall be returned for resubmission. Completed forms shall be submitted via email to mcss(at)usmc.mil.
10. Nominations may be submitted at any time, however, non-urgent requirements will be held until the next SRB.
11. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from Mr. James Evans at james.a.evans(at)usmc.mil. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study nomination submissions, please visit http:(slash)(slash)www.mccdc.marines.mil/Units/OAD/Marine-Corps-Study-System.aspx or you may contact the Director, External Analysis Division, Mr. James A. Evans, email: james.a.evans(at)usmc.mil.
12. Questions regarding this announcement or the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: lisa.watts(at)usmc.mil.
13. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//